Lee Cattermole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole
36 minutes ago, Rich_swfc said:

He leads the drink culture at Sunderland and has shown no leadership qualities over the last two seasons.  Add to that his poor fitness and disciplinary record and you have a player we definitely want to avoid!

Weve already covered off the fact (thats FACT) that his disciplinary record - and fitness - are both significantly better than Wednesday cult hero Sam Hutchinsons.

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Weve already covered off the fact (thats FACT) that his disciplinary record - and fitness - are both significantly better than Wednesday cult hero Sam Hutchinsons.

But strangely ignored everything which says he's been rubbish, which Sunderland fans agree with if you care to have a look at their forum.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, PopePiusX said:

But strangely ignored everything which says he's been rubbish, which Sunderland fans agree with if you care to have a look at their forum.

Sunderland fans are bound to moan. Theyve been relegated.

20 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Hes played more Prem games in the last 5 years than any of our players I can think of. 

But yeah. Must be crap

The likes of Dave Jones and George Boyd have played more games successfully in the Premier League in recent years than he has but I wouldn't be advocating signing more like them.

Cattermole is a senior player in a team that should have had enough ability to survive at this level. He has not led by example and has failed to instill any belief or team spirit into his side.

No thanks.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Just had a brief pop over - first comment I read was 'hes captained 3 Premiership sides'

I didn't know that. Another tick in the box.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Sunderland fans are bound to moan. Theyve been relegated.

Sometimes when teams are relegated fans of that team highlight one or two players as having done all they can and being deserving of better, not seeing much of that with Cattermole.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sometimes when teams are relegated fans of that team highlight one or two players as having done all they can and being deserving of better, not seeing much of that with Cattermole.

He is an easy target because of his contract / wages. But he is no way as bad as people are suggesting, the abuse he gets on this forum is pathetic

People slag catts off guarantee if he does leave or go out on loan it will be to a better team than us

Edited by Hillsborough Mole

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True. One of very few they speak about positivly is Paddy McNair.

Better then what we have here ?

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

He is an easy target because of his contract / wages. But he is no way as bad as people are suggesting, the abuse he gets on this forum is pathetic

So you have highlighted 1 view? Must be more worthy than the others then eh?

Edited by Guest

Here's some quotes from the most recent thread:

"Have to flag up a thread on this cheeky monkey. Awful fooballer and spent as an athlete. And as for him being a 'leader', he showed what a coward he is today. He's great psychologically when things are going well, but as soon as the pressure's on, he's one of the first to collapse.

He's also injury prone and seriously thick, meaning he's never really and never will develop as a footballer. A core part of our drinking culture which is the first thing Arsene Wenger sacked off when he joined Arsenal in 1996. At his age he's not getting any better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we will never, ever move forward while Lee Cattermole is a regular for Sunderland on the pitch. "

"F*ck him off, over a cliff. "

"We need to get this little b*stard out of the club as soon as possible."

"I desperately want him to leave today as much as I did 3 years ago. Simply has to go."

There's more if you want them.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

True. One of very few they speak about positivly is Paddy McNair.

Better then what we have here ?

McNair has had a good end to the season, maybe putting himself in the shop window? Not sure how consistent he has been over a longer period but seems like less of a risk, a cheaper option and would have a resale value.

8 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

That is a glowing reference if ever there was one, sign him up!

If this is the best summary of him you could find from the Sunderland fans then it tells its own story and I am sure the number of negative posts far outweigh the positive ones.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That is a glowing reference if ever there was one, sign him up!

If this is the best summary of him you could find from the Sunderland fans then it tells its own story and I am sure the number of negative posts far outweigh the positive ones.

It was the quickest one I could find - before I went to the pub

On 30/04/2018 at 14:10, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd not only sign him, I'd make him club captain for us next year. Exactly the kind of combative midfielder we need with Hutch not able to feature regularly. I'd keep Hutch as cover for centre half and centre midfield duties when we need him.

Would imagine he'll be available too.

You should read what the Sunderland fans think of him. We could get Darren Gibson on a free while we're at it. 

lol

One thing I'll give Carlos credit for is letting McGeady and McManaman go. 

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2018/4/28/17279400/it-was-the-right-decision-to-go-ahead-with-sunderlands-player-of-the-year-awards-heres-why

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It was the quickest one I could find - before I went to the pub

Are you sure you didn't start this thread after returning from a session in the pub?

1 hour ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Have I misheard this or is somebody suggesting that we sign Lee's cat or mole? WTF:

Either would probably be a better option.

I wonder why quite a few Owlstalkers have this fascination of wanting to bring players  in to 'do a job'  for us who have just been relegated with their own club. Well he did a reight good at Sunderland.