13 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The asking price is 2.6 million as reported in A Bola. That makes it a no from me also

And its a no from me too. I hope we don't spend over 2 million on him. I'm not even sure I'd want him on a free. He's the sort of player who can make up the numbers in a mid-table Championship side but not someone who should be first choice at a club hoping for promotion.

Unless we now see ourselves as mid-table?

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I worry about JVA defensively tbh - some defenders are more suited to a 3 than a 2 - so it may be worth a go but from what I've seen he's got some distance to travel to be considered for a regular first team place

I'm wondering whether Jos feels the same. There was a window when he was fit again to reintroduce him, but he didn't get a look in.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I worry about JVA defensively tbh - some defenders are more suited to a 3 than a 2 - so it may be worth a go but from what I've seen he's got some distance to travel to be considered for a regular first team place

I have always had the feeling he was brought in as one for the future, not an immediate first team  regular, but the injury crisis forced our hand and he had to be thrown straight in, 

• Like 1