7 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Has got better and better every game he plays, even more so with lees next to him, must sign him up permanent in the summer 100% for me 

Absolutely agree, we can’t make the same mistake we made with Sasso by developing and bedding in a good, affordable centre half only to let him go and have to start all over again.

He can look a bit iffy on the ball at times but hopefully he can only improve and he is a really good option for us. It looks like we aren’t going to be flush next season so signing Venancio is a no brainier for me if the price is right.

44 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Has got better and better every game he plays, even more so with lees next to him, must sign him up permanent in the summer 100% for me 

Couldnt agree more 

3 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

A great replacement for Loovens, who's been an excellent servant.  Reminds me a bit of him too.  Doesn't seem to get flustered....calm and assured.  Was ace today.

Football is all about opinions. Mine is that if we want to be challenging for promotion. He is nowhere near good enough!!

11 minutes ago, SS Owl said:

I must watch a different player. His marking is poor and distribution is worse. He's a reserve at best and definitely NOT what we need !!! He's carried by Lees covering for him most of the time.

He’s carried by lees yet has played virtually every game since December when lees has only just come back . Right 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He’s carried by lees yet has played virtually every game since December when lees has only just come back . Right 

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we losing games until very recently !!! Perhaps Lee's return might have something to do with that......?!?

• Like 1

As I said in a different Fred (lol), at his age he'd already be valued at £4m easy if he was British.

Van Aken is hugely promising but has miles to go and may well end up playing further forward than CB. Venancio is already an embryonic leader from the heart of defence, we'd be absolutely mad to let him go for the sake of a few hundred thousand.

If Loovens is gone in August, Pudil is borderline (been ace at CB this season, make no mistake, but he always tends to look in need of a breather) and VA is still basically a top-shelf dev squad player, Venancio-Lees IS our defensive anchor.

We let players like Lopez and Sasso slip through our fingers like so much sand, and sign some multi-million non-starters to three-year deals. PLEASE let's not keep making the same daft mistakes.

Fred is only just 25 FFS, plays like someone at least four years older. He's only gonna get better.

24 minutes ago, SS Owl said:

I must watch a different player. His marking is poor and distribution is worse. He's a reserve at best and definitely NOT what we need !!! He's carried by Lees covering for him most of the time.

Same here i think hes weak defensively and easily knocked off the ball... not physically strong enough to play in a 2 and his distribution is particularly poor.....  so its a no from me!! 

I think we can pick someone up cheaper and who is upto the physicality of the championship and more suited to it!!

• Haha 1