The Wednesday Tap - now serving food

10 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Good prices-tempted to treat our lass but I don’t think they do white lightning on draft. 5 course Sunday lunch at £37 on the email I got today was a bit steep! Agree a fairly priced carvery would be a winner. 

£37 for 5 courses sounds reasonable to me.

Tight arse lol

• Haha 1

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

The irony is lost on you! lol

Yeah you are right mate ..

Not really equipped to be the sensible voice of reason with my rep 

Still good for the stress levels n all that 

"Another Gold Label n scotch thanks landlord leave the bottle on the bar  please good man ",:ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yeah you are right mate ..

Not really equipped to be the sensible voice of reason with my rep 

Still good for the stress levels n all that 

"Another Gold Label n scotch thanks landlord leave the bottle on the bar  please good man ",:ph34r:

Gold label-do they make that filth anymore? Thought even that had gone off the tramp kit menu in the ‘70’s

• Haha 1

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Stuff that! Quarter of a Million for a  house and I am on Aldi own brand beans.

Ya daft bugger. You’re supposed to live within your means, not within your beans. lol

ps - 300K and paid for in September. Not that I’m looking forward to not having any more mortgage payments to make like. The mortgage repayment money is all going on fishing tackle, but don’t tell the Mrs

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Ya daft bugger. You’re supposed to live within your means, not within your beans. lol

ps - 300K and paid for in September. Not that I’m looking forward to not having any more mortgage payments to make like. The mortgage repayment money is all going on fishing tackle, but don’t tell the Mrs

Lord of Wybornshire? lol

Fair one. Nice to have a nice pad-doesn’t stop old people letting their dogs crap on my verge or nick me plants! 

Fishing tackle is a good starting point for wasting cash or a good cover for some black ops trips to attercliffe for an afternoon massage. lol

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Lord of Wybornshire? lol

Fair one. Nice to have a nice pad-doesn’t stop old people letting their dogs crap on my verge or nick me plants! 

I spent my first two years on the Wybourn, Maltravers Crescent, it was where my Dad was from, but after they nicked my pram wheels and left it on a pile of bricks, we moved out of my Nan’s.

My mum almost paid for a terraced house in one go with the money she nicked off my Dad one night after he rolled home drunk, money stuffed in his pockets. He said he’d won it gambling. Knew some dodgy geezers though so who knows. Him and his brother, Brian, had an American limousine in the 50s.

I just have the lodge now on the Squire of Preston’s acres, tending his land for him, and occasionally playing cards with him and Lord Snoots of unlucky matchday thread fame. lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Lord of Wybornshire? lol

Fishing tackle is a good starting point for wasting cash or a good cover for some black ops trips to attercliffe for an afternoon massage. lol

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Attercliffe saunas? 

No thanks.

200 mile round trip.

But my friend asks if there’s discount if you take your own oil or talc. You can take the man out of Yorkshire etc lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I spent my first two years on the Wybourn, Maltravers Crescent, it was where my Dad was from, but after they nicked my pram wheels and left it on a pile of bricks, we moved out of my Nan’s.

My mum almost paid for a terraced house in one go with the money she nicked off my Dad one night after he rolled home drunk, money stuffed in his pockets. He said he’d won it gambling. Knew some dodgy geezers though so who knows. Him and his brother, Brian, had an American limousine in the 50s.

I just have the lodge now on the Squire of Preston’s acres, tending his land for him, and occasionally playing cards with him and Lord Snoots of unlucky matchday thread fame. lol

I spent a good chunk of my teenage years hanging out with my mate who lived at the top of Whites Lane. Used to phone up his friends then ambush them

with the air rifle when they came over sky edge. Care free days of being a bellend! Getting glassy eyed right now 

• Haha 1