Is Jos Luhukay the man ?

22 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agree he has been handed a poison chalice. Most posters highlight fitness and injury mess. Not many have mentioned confidence. The team’s is shot and history proves that confidence is easy to lose (Wengers invincibles after defeat to Man Utd.) but incredibly difficult to get back. 

Even considering all this I cant have it that Jos “has done remarkably well”. It’s a cliche but football is a results game. His results have been poor.

I’m genuinely interested what makes you certain he will obtain promotion based on what you have seen so far?

Firstly results are remarkable as if you told me we would get results with some of the teams that have been put out I would not believe you.

Why promotion.

1.His organisation of team to bring the best out of some players who had been written off,

2. His restoring of confidence to individual players.

3. Changes to training routine.

4. Addressing of numerous issues and not being afraid to move club on from difficult issues. Situations which had become difficult and not been helped by social media and journalists and he has handled them professionally. Shows excellent management skill

5. Does not panic, no hysterical over the top reactions. Suggests has plan and will stick to it.

Has impressed me a great deal and I am certain will stop slide into abyss which was happening this season.

On 26/02/2018 at 20:17, Quist said:

Firstly results are remarkable as if you told me we would get results with some of the teams that have been put out I would not believe you.

Why promotion.

1.His organisation of team to bring the best out of some players who had been written off,

2. His restoring of confidence to individual players.

3. Changes to training routine.

4. Addressing of numerous issues and not being afraid to move club on from difficult issues. Situations which had become difficult and not been helped by social media and journalists and he has handled them professionally. Shows excellent management skill

5. Does not panic, no hysterical over the top reactions. Suggests has plan and will stick to it.

Has impressed me a great deal and I am certain will stop slide into abyss which was happening this season.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. IMO it’s a question of perspective.

Dont want to be the dictionary police but remarkable is defined as extraordinaryexceptionalamazing  I think results have been ok, a marginal improvement. If we’d beaten the pigs, Cardiff & Swansea 3-0; if we hadn’t been done by Millwall and hadn’t conceded 4 against Villa I might be more inclined to agree with you.

i agree he has improved the performance of most individuals. No doubt.

TBH I don’t see an improvement in confidence levels YET... For me this would be reflected in more of a swagger on the pitch with players prepared to take risks. Only Clare has really shown the confidence and belief to play his natural game. And he’s only played 3 times. 

Not sure to which issues you refer but would agree he has carried himself very well. 

He is calm and doesn’t panic. Playing devils advocate he could be described as dour and lacking charisma. Can he give a Churchillian speech at halftime to turn things around? 

For me the jury’s still out but I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong.

WAWAW

On 2/27/2018 at 20:13, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. IMO it’s a question of perspective.

Dont want to be the dictionary police but remarkable is defined as extraordinaryexceptionalamazing  I think results have been ok, a marginal improvement. If we’d beaten the pigs, Cardiff & Swansea 3-0; if we hadn’t been done by Millwall and hadn’t conceded 4 against Villa I might be more inclined to agree with you.

i agree he has improved the performance of most individuals. No doubt.

TBH I don’t see an improvement in confidence levels YET... For me this would be reflected in more of a swagger on the pitch with players prepared to take risks. Only Clare has really shown the confidence and belief to play his natural game. And he’s only played 3 times. 

Not sure to which issues you refer but would agree he has carried himself very well. 

He is calm and doesn’t panic. Playing devils advocate he could be described as dour and lacking charisma. Can he give a Churchillian speech at halftime to turn things around? 

For me the jury’s still out but I sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong.

WAWAW

Fair enough its all about opinion. I prefer the non excitable types of manager, with emotion and anger comes wrong decision making.

by the way I was amazed we got a draw against Cardiff and United.