THe FA Cup

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

With the impending FA Cup game tomorrow and maybe just maybe a run in the cup. What is everyone favourite memories of the FA Cup.

I know mine a certain semi final in the 90's when we had a good day against another local team , I forgot just how good Chrissy Waddle was on that day

Brilliant day , my ticket that day was at that end of the ground when waddle scored the free kick.

My Dad gave me the choice of going to this match or the league cup final,      I picked the right one,   great day out with the Owls fans,   and waving on the coach on the way back.     My Dad still goes now and again,  

But this is the only time I see us score seven

Watching the highlights I dont remember the Grimsby fan running onto the pitch. 

Edited by Owls_fan_since_1983

36 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

My Dad gave me the choice of going to this match or the league cup final,      I picked the right one,   great day out with the Owls fans,   and waving on the coach on the way back.     My Dad still goes now and again,  

I went to 3 of the 4 Wembley games in 1993 , and all had a funny side to them looking back.

Semi final Fa cup , bought a ticket outside for the Wednesday end ,walking around the ground to find the entrance only to find i was walking into a wall of red and white, my ticket was for united end and i had shirt and scarf on. I waited until about 10 mins before kick-off before thinking dam it i am going in , went up the steps ticket checked and to my surprise told to go up some stairs into the roof of Wembley where my seat was above the United fans ,brilliant looking down on there anguish.

League cup final , living in Hastings i had no ticket night before the game, got a call ticket available in the Bo-peep pub for the Wednesday end, rushed down bought ticket ,next day sitting in the ground load of lads turned up , your sitting in my seat one said, don't think so i replied showing my ticket. Stewards now arrived asked the guys where did you buy your ticket Hillsborough he replied, I replied Bo-peep Hastings while standing up to move ,the stewards told me to sit at the front as these seats might not be in use. Result !!

Fa cup Final , mate (gooner ) rings ,  I have got you a ticket in the Arsenal end through the Hastings gooners supporters club, travelling up on there coach , but i had to promise not to wear any colours as they are unaware he has sold the ticket to an Owl, No problem i said. Turned up at the coach stop wearing Wednesday shirt , My mate saw the funny side the other gooners did not, travel up to Wembley there was a lot of banter , then about a mile from Wembley parking ,the coach approached a load of Wednesday fans , all the gooners rushed to the front giving large , i went to the back took down the gooner flag , Then took off my shirt and held it against the window           i was then unfairly in my mind asked to leave the coach:duntmatter:(even had to get train home). Swapped my ticket at the ground.

Moral of my story .Always try and buy your Tickets from SWFC.

Edited by saywended

4 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

83 quarter final at home to Burnley. Won 5-0

Even though we lost I always remember the 1-3 defeat to Coventry in 87 mainly for the masses of Coventry fans on the leppings lane end.

I remember the game well , was expecting us to win and a second successive semi final appearance.

Also went to the semi that year as it was at Hillsborough and Coventry beat Leeds , that really rubbed salt into the wound. 

68/69 seasons cup run typified what the FA Cup used to mean,we played four games,never got further then round 4,slayed the mighty Leeds on their own pitch,played two really thrilling games against 2nd(championship) divison birmingham,over 200,000 people watched all four games