THe FA Cup

With the impending FA Cup game tomorrow and maybe just maybe a run in the cup. What is everyone favourite memories of the FA Cup.

I know mine a certain semi final in the 90's when we had a good day against another local team , I forgot just how good Chrissy Waddle was on that day

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Mine too...I hated the Arsenal '93 finals..went to 'em all..never watched one back since....

i went to the FA cup reply with my older sister - we scored and as we jumped up the to celebrate the women next to us, bear hug my sister and her hand went up her nose she had a nose bleed for the rest of the match.:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria

83 quarter final at home to Burnley. Won 5-0

Even though we lost I always remember the 1-3 defeat to Coventry in 87 mainly for the masses of Coventry fans on the leppings lane end.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Mine too...I hated the Arsenal '93 finals..went to 'em all..never watched one back since....

Exactly the same. Although the 5 games against Arsenal when we were in the old 3rd division were quite memorable 

1973 second replay against Crystal Palace. 14,000 Wednesdayites at Villa Park and a 3-2 win courtesy of a Brian Joicey hat-trick. Brilliant night. When the third went in we all went wild. When we stopped an old guy realised he'd lost his dentures. He was still looking for them when we left. Slow traffic heading up the A38 afterwards but all the drivers sounding their horns and fans chanting "Wednesday!" A stand out result in a dire decade.

66 semi, beating hot favourites Chelsea at Villa Park..... Coming back pre breathy lister every pub between Birmingham/Sheffield packed solid, blue 'n white flags everywhere. Finished up for last drink in the bar at Firth Park bowling Alley...... deep joy 

33 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Yes but thought we’d go on and win after Ante equalised.

Me too.  The whole atmosphere at Highbury changed after that goal. Didn't Michael Robinson miss that chance to win it late on for Brighton in the drawn Final against Man U?  

One of Big Jack's last games in charge. He always called Ante "Anton".

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anton DecChair said:

1973 second replay against Crystal Palace. 14,000 Wednesdayites at Villa Park and a 3-2 win courtesy of a Brian Joicey hat-trick. Brilliant night. When the third went in we all went wild. When we stopped an old guy realised he'd lost his dentures. He was still looking for them when we left. Slow traffic heading up the A38 afterwards but all the drivers sounding their horns and fans chanting "Wednesday!" A stand out result in a dire decade.

I've mentioned this in the Wiile Henderson thread. It's one of my all time favourite Wednesday games.

First match of what turned out to be the marathon v Arsenal in 79, mainly because it's one of my first memories of watching Wednesday (was only 6 years old at the time).

Quarter final replay v Burnley in 83.

Went with my dad and his mates, and everyone was buzzing before the match about what a great chance it was to reach the semi final.

Even better afterwards after smashing them 5-0.

Many, but can't recall a louder Hillsborough than when we beat Burnley in the QF. 3-3 at Derby when Warhurst scored is up there as well. 

West Ham at home when Shutt scored. 

One of the very worst was Charlton at home a few years back under Gray. As soon as we scored he brought a sub on when he should have left it alone. We've had far worse defeats over the years, but for some reason I couldn't get over that one for ages. Pigs in the next round as well. Was fuming, and I would have sacked Gray that night.