"Have you heard of Neil Warnock before coming to Sheffield Wednesday?"

6 hours ago, paulrs said:

Daft question to ask. I mean, why would he have? Only two seasons spent managing in the top flight - 1992 and 2007 - both ending in relegation. Warnock's reputation amongst top European club managers must be minuscule and rightly so.

Embarrassingly parochial by the local media.

They are so damned negative at radio Sheffield, there still hammering home the lack of Championship experience. 

On the other side, none of the Championship Managers no anything about Jos tactics. 

Billy Wilder didn't know what to expect 

:luhukay:

6 hours ago, cross owl said:

Why even ask that question . Name a bundesliga 2 manager that is adept at gaining promotion regularly to the top flight . Name a manager of the bundesliga smaller clubs . What are they saying that an ex manager of a club that has never concerned him should be on the top of his lips . What was the next question , what's his favourite cat . 

I could name a few. 

4 hours ago, axolotl said:

I shared your video on Twitter, which I credited you for, and it’s had quite the response, the best being united fans getting their back up which is flipping marvellous. 

Again, we’ll done sir. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You haven't lived til you've been there to "welcome" him off the bus... enough to make one blush.

FfarksS™

Always loved it when Colin was doing his standard spiel.

Has to be done in the Warnock esque voice & intonation.

”I’ve always loved coming to Wednesday, we have a bit of banter but I think there’s a bit of mutual respect”. Etc etc etc etc!!

To the deafening and genuinely hate filled refrains of “Warnock is a Wa*****r” reverberating round the ground in the background. 

At at least he’s a proper pantomime villain, unlike Wilder who’s a Warnock Wednesday hating wannabe but without the finesse!!!!!!

:laugh:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Always loved it when Colin was doing his standard spiel.

Has to be done in the Warnock esque voice & intonation.

”I’ve always loved coming to Wednesday, we have a bit of banter but I think there’s a bit of mutual respect”. Etc etc etc etc!!

To the deafening and genuinely hate filled refrains of “Warnock is a Wa*****r” reverberating round the ground in the background. 

At at least he’s a proper pantomime villain, unlike Wilder who’s a Warnock Wednesday hating wannabe but without the finesse!!!!!!

:laugh:

Here's his take on his visit...........................

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11096/11211499/neil-warnock-interview-cardiffs-promotion-hopes-away-days-at-sheffield-wednesday-and-his-passion-for-the-championship

• Thanks 1

Great reply by Jos to a dumb question; most likely he's not heard of a bunch of Englush managers out there on the continent and few others will either.

Name some native Dutch Eresdivisie or German Bundesliga coaches for me, Warnock/Monk/Rowett :p 

Before you start: haven't got a clue myself lol