FFP question.

9 hours ago, swinners said:

Just a quick question.

If Chansiri wants to plough money into the club but is not allowed and the finanial sustainability is in question, then why can the chairman not just buy up all of the spare seats (tickets) and all of the corporate boxes per match?

Is there a rule about that?

There's no rule preventing a chairman or companies related to him from buying up hospitality seats, boxes etc., apart from that it has to be at fair market value.  Buying up a spare 10,000 normal fan seats to give away would probably not pass FFP assessment. It would also be a bit annoying to have paid a few hundred quid on a season ticket when thousands of freebies are being given out every home game. 

7 hours ago, BHA83 said:

There's no rule preventing a chairman or companies related to him from buying up hospitality seats, boxes etc., apart from that it has to be at fair market value. 

That's my understanding too. Anything over and above going rate would be treated like other allowed owner investment

11 hours ago, BHA83 said:

There's no rule preventing a chairman or companies related to him from buying up hospitality seats, boxes etc., apart from that it has to be at fair market value.  Buying up a spare 10,000 normal fan seats to give away would probably not pass FFP assessment. It would also be a bit annoying to have paid a few hundred quid on a season ticket when thousands of freebies are being given out every home game. 

I meant buying the tickets as a way of getting money that he says he wants to invest. I didn't mean for him to then pass tickets on.  Ie. 27000 tickets on match day, meaning he can then 'purchase' the other tickets 12000 ish and the empty boxes.  They don't have to be used. But I take your point about loans. I just assumed he meant gifting the money.