Team spirit/chemistry

17 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Might be me being dim here.

Is the 40 the nine matches immediately preceding the most recent 9? 

In which case I assume it is the nine games ending in the 2-1 win at QPR?

That's the idea, yes. I think it went back to the game at home to Derby if I remember correctly. The cup games were not included as both teams have treated them entirely differently from league and play off games. 

It's a bit of a cheat to go back just the last 9 games, I know. But in that period we have not managed more than 3 shots on target in any of those matches. Just for the sake of comparison it then goes back 9 games at a time. In the last 12 months (couldn't be bothered to go back further) the most recent sample is down by a little over 50% on the standard we'd set previously (2.1 per game compared with 4.3).

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MOwl said:

We had bags of it first season, everyone believed we would win. That first leg against Brighton in the playoffs was dazzling; there wasn't a soul in the stadium who doubted we would win that match

So what's changed? Why is there no team chemistry? We seem to be a team of individuals at the moment 

Is it possible to build up chemistry with constant rotation? 

Could it be what were lacking?

I once got kicked out of chemistry at school for trying to set fire to the table with a bunson burner . 

23 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm wondering about what's changed in the last few months in particular. We've lost that swagger and confidence we had not too long ago. Last night I was looking up the number of shots we've managed to get on target in league and play-off games (I ignored the cup games as we've been treating them as little more than reserve outings, as have our opponents). In the last 9 such outings we have limped to just 19 strikes between the posts.

Going with that grouping of 9 games at a time and counting back to the play-offs against Brighton at the end of the season before last, the statistics for shots on target in those previous spells has been 40, 41, 34, 36 and 44. So recently we're less than 50% as effective as we'd been consistently for more than twelve months before that. 

I'm not totally sure what the question is, but the answer can only be Kieran Lee.lol

On 23/08/2017 at 21:19, MOwl said:

We had bags of it first season, everyone believed we would win. That first leg against Brighton in the playoffs was dazzling; there wasn't a soul in the stadium who doubted we would win that match

So what's changed? Why is there no team chemistry? We seem to be a team of individuals at the moment 

Is it possible to build up chemistry with constant rotation? 

Could it be what were lacking?

Carlos really did not rotate the team in his first season. He started to in his second. Now in his third season it seems he is

Given we finished 6th and then 4th, perhaps rotation will see us go up this year

On 23/08/2017 at 21:32, dan1980 said:

Never anything but negative mate . And they call themselves fans

I think following the team and paying thousands of hard earned pounds to do so even if you are disaffected with the tactics on show every match but still keep turning up is the definition of a 'fanatic'