Signings unlikely next week

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I'm starting to wonder if we are very close to FFP.  Only Boyd on a free.  It now looks like we are looking at a non-league center back.  I'm also pretty sure we are holding out for Hanley on loan too.  Suggests we can't afford to spend??

Ironic that there has been an increasing number of posts criticising us for not taking a low risk gamble on young lower league talent (I'm not suggesting you're one, Kago) but as soon as we do, it's a sign that we're struggling with FFP. 

:duntmatter:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Ironic that there has been an increasing number of posts criticising us for not taking a low risk gamble on young lower league talent (I'm not suggesting you're one, Kago) but as soon as we do, it's a sign that we're struggling with FFP. 

:duntmatter:

I think it's the right way to go to be honest.  Unfortunately it means we won't get them in till the first week of August!

We need to offload a couple to even things up is my guess.

We desperately need to lighten the midfield and forward options and reinvest in our defence at centre back. Even if it's just one centre back with o Grady going to 4th choice (he now needs game time, to break through or up his value so we could sell at some point.)

Edited by Maddogbob

We have a £4 million offer in to Cardiff so doubt FFP is the problem.

Poker's the game. Newcastle want rid, so why pay them £5 million for someone they admit is nor EPL level, especially as no other takers.

Ditto with Cardiff , who may soon have a Winnal situation, ie a player who signs  for us and trebles his wages. We'll prize him out of there soon.  

20 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

We need to offload a couple to even things up is my guess.

We desperately need to lighten the midfield and forward options and reinvest in our defence at centre back. Even if it's just one centre back with o Grady going to 4th choice (he now needs game time, to break through or up his value so we could sell at some point.)

yes clearly ,look what derby have done this summer let ince hughes cristie go and fetched in excellent players for less in place. ffp must be close . other clubs have been very close ie derby and they have had to curb spending in last 18 months

Personally i want us to sign Kyle Bartley and i think that would be the defence pretty much sewn up.

IF we can bring in another defensive midfield grafter with the ability to get up and down the pitch then great - same with a pacy winger or forward to offer us something different. We are really lacking blistering pace at the moment which has needed addressing since Antonio and even JJ left

Edited by Hack-Abusi