Hooper

Guest keepitsteel67

This is just what we needed re. Hooper... Having him under observation untill per season starts so the b*****d can't show up fat again lol

33 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I do read your posts, but the facts are always carefully chosen, often picking on certain combinations and results, over short  chosen periods. Your 'facts' are often laced with subjective opinions , like 'proper striker', for instance.

I prefer to concentrate on simple objective facts, Hooper scored in TWO wins 6 points. last year, from what 25 appearances.

Nando scored in NINE wins 27 points.

Very difficult to argue that Hooper is by far our most important attacking player, nearly as bizzarre as claiming he may blow away any other striker in the league.

There is nothing to support these claims. Sorry to rain on this bizarre Hooper parade.

I used every minute played by Hooper and the other divisional strikers over two entire seasons. That can hardly be described as selective.

By contrast, you have selected goals scored in a handful of games.

As for FF, do you consider him a proper striker? Compared to Hooper, Fletch, Winnall and Rhodes he does definitely play a very different role. He drifts out wide and much deeper to pick the ball up. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hooper is the man.

Shame he's injured more often than not, pray he can stay injury free this season because the whole side performs better with him in it. His link up play is top draw and he brings the best out of everyone around him. 

6 wins on the bounce with him. No coincidence whatsoever.

nail on head

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

I do read your posts, but the facts are always carefully chosen, often picking on certain combinations and results, over short  chosen periods. Your 'facts' are often laced with subjective opinions , like 'proper striker', for instance.

I prefer to concentrate on simple objective facts, Hooper scored in TWO wins 6 points. last year, from what 25 appearances.

Nando scored in NINE wins 27 points.

Very difficult to argue that Hooper is by far our most important attacking player, nearly as bizzarre as claiming he may blow away any other striker in the league.

There is nothing to support these claims. Sorry to rain on this bizarre Hooper parade.

You're looking too much into it.

It's simple really, when Hooper's on the pitch, we play better as a team, we're more enjoyable to watch and we win matches.

No stats needed, I watch the games.

Edited by Bradshaw

1 hour ago, Bradshaw said:

You're looking too much into it.

It's simple really, when Hooper's on the pitch, we play better as a team, we're more enjoyable to watch and we win matches.

No stats needed, I watch the games.

For the 1st 17 games, when our performances & results were poor, what happened to Hooper making us play as a better team and win matches?

So in conclusion on this bonkers thread,

When we win & Hooper is playing = Credit to Hooper (6 games when Fletch found goal scoring form)

When we have a poor run (1st 17 games) when Hooper is playing = Nothing to do with Hooper

Last point from me. Hooper scored  6 league goals in TWO wins all season. This doesn't support the claims on here that:

:He's by far the most important attacking player we have

:He'll be the Championship Leading goal scorer

:We'll get promoted if Hooper stays fit

Deluded I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

For the 1st 17 games, when our performances & results were poor, what happened to Hooper making us play as a better team and win matches?

So in conclusion on this bonkers thread,

When we win & Hooper is playing = Credit to Hooper (6 games when Fletch found goal scoring form)

When we have a poor run (1st 17 games) when Hooper is playing = Nothing to do with Hooper

Last point from me. Hooper scored  6 league goals in TWO wins all season. This doesn't support the claims on here that:

:He's by far the most important attacking player we have

:He'll be the Championship Leading goal scorer

:We'll get promoted if Hooper stays fit

Deluded I'm afraid.

You can flash all these stats and graphs but a fit Hooper for me is the most useful player. Fletcher only turned up for the last six games (dont get me wrong I hope his form continues) 

Im probably a bit overly negative re FF as his behavior at the beginning of  the season along with two pitiful penalty 'attempts' has tarred my view of him. 

Graphs dont tell all the story, his all round play and ability to bring others into the game, tied in with his goal scoring indicates we are better with him in the team.