Director of football

15 hours ago, Holmowl said:

v Cardiff we started Lee right, FF left, and Bannan & Lopez central. Bannan and Lee swapped around a lot.

Great match. One of our very best.

Just recall being on the North Stand and Bannan spending most of the first half on that touchline - which would have been the right as we were shooting towards the West Stand.

Agreed, they swap around a lot so it's pretty difficult to really see where someone is playing. Wonder if the players struggle with it too?

14 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Just recall being on the North Stand and Bannan spending most of the first half on that touchline - which would have been the right as we were shooting towards the West Stand.

Agreed, they swap around a lot so it's pretty difficult to really see where someone is playing. Wonder if the players struggle with it too?

Im sure Bannan and Lee struggle to play right. Lee especially looks a lost soul and drifts inside all the time.

However, one real positive for Carlos is the way our players fill in for each other seamlessly. This is especially true when our full-backs go forward. Bannan in particular covers LB magnificently, and Wallace RB.

On 2017-5-31 at 20:22, Cosby Blunkett said:

I've long been convinced that Carlos is not in control of transfer policy at S6. The fact that his title is "Head Coach" rather than "Manager" also reinforces this belief.

If he is indeed in charge of transfer policy, then what qualifies him to do this? He's spent his entire career in Europe working under regimes where transfers aren't exclusively determined by the man in charge of the first team.

I would welcome the appointment of someone to at least guide transfer policy; be that a Director of Football, Sporting Director or Head of Recruitment*

*As long as it's not Steve Mcclaren

I think thats pretty obvious too. Why else would so many signings get nowhere near the first team.

Recruitment this time will be crucial but if Carlos is not responsible he needs to have the right to veto any signings made.

It seems the only way of showing he doesn't approve of a signing is to leave them out of the team.

On 2017-6-2 at 18:55, Milan Missing Marble said:

Could this be the guy to help or work with Carlos in some capacity?

He's dubbed the king of promotions in Portugal: http://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/06/02/vitor-oliveira-portugals-undisputed-king-of-promotions/

We could do with a bit of his luck and experience of getting teams promoted.

Looks like we're playing his team in pre-season.

I would consider bringing him in to work alongside Carlos in some coaching or director of football role or something?