Strikers not taking Penalties

Guest RocketOwl

On 21/05/2017 at 16:47, RocketOwl said:

For me is as bad as FF refusing to play.

FF gets slaughtered on here by some, yet he stepped up and had the courage to take one. He also had the decency to post a message to the fans after. People say he doesn't want to be at Wednesday are troublemakers, he was probably playing trough injury too.

For me any striker who refuses to take a pen is like me going I work in a sales environment and refusing to pick up the phone. It's absolutely pathetic. Putting pressure on your team, making a right back take a pen. How on earth can a 11 million pound striker stand their arm in arm with team meats and say he's not confident - and then watch a right back take a pen in our biggest match of the season.

Unforgivable but following all his other pathetic performances not surprising.

nobber

On 21/05/2017 at 16:47, RocketOwl said:

FF gets slaughtered on here by some, yet he stepped up and had the courage to take one. He also had the decency to post a message to the fans after. People say he doesn't want to be at Wednesday are troublemakers, he was probably playing trough injury too.

For me any striker who refuses to take a pen is like me going I work in a sales environment and refusing to pick up the phone. It's absolutely pathetic. Putting pressure on your team, making a right back take a pen. How on earth can a 11 million pound striker stand their arm in arm with team meats and say he's not confident - and then watch a right back take a pen in our biggest match of the season.

Boring and old news. Play-offs was last week - and so was the chat about pens.

Guest RocketOwl

People are quick to criticise Carlos about this and that, despite the fact he's our second best manger in the history of the club and changed the whole mentality of this club.

Yet the striker we paid a club record fee for has been mincing about upfront since January, didn't have confidence to take a pen and has shown as much heart as Bothroyd did, yet for some reason he's still the saviour.

3 in 20 and on course to being one of the mosh expensive mistakes in the history of the club.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

People are quick to criticise Carlos about this and that, despite the fact he's our second best manger in the history of the club and changed the whole mentality of this club.

Yet the striker we paid a club record fee for has been mincing about upfront since January, didn't have confidence to take a pen and has shown as much heart as Bothroyd did, yet for some reason he's still the saviour.

3 in 20 and on course to being one of the mosh expensive mistakes in the history of the club.

I'm going to tell Jordan Rhodes you work in a call centre so he can ring up and moan at you all day long  lol

1 hour ago, Madmax said:

Quite: & CC saying that has just halved JR's value.

Why has it? And even if it has, I doubt we'd look to sell him in the summer so he can be 'worth' 25p for all I care... 

People don't half spout tripe 

On 5/21/2017 at 17:47, RocketOwl said:

Dead but not forgotten....

IMG_9867.PNG

Edited by sonofbert2

During a shootout, half the team will take a penalty, and it's a fair guess that 2 or 3 others will as well.

If you are lacking bottle, you'd be better taking the first one. I just wonder when and if Rhodes was going to take one. Was he in line for the 6th or 7th and so on, that are sudden death, and attract far more pressure?