If Carlos has taught me one thing

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

This may be one of the few occasions that the King James bible has been quoted on Owlstalk but this seems appropriate.

'I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

I was put more in mind of John 11:35 reading some of that thread. 

Jesus wept.

15 minutes ago, Stoop said:

It wasn't just the results, it was the performances. Some displays this year have been worse than awful, and it's been frustrating to watch,  that's why people were getting on CC's back 

I perfectly understand the disquiet with both regard to the performances and also when results started falling off as well, but that does not excuse the level of ferocity aimed at CC.

Regardless of how we were playing, he had earned the right to see out the season at the very least and even from the most pragmatic viewpoint, there was never anything going to be gained from swapping managers at that point.

There were even some on here admitting this and suggesting sacking CC, writing off the season at that point and re building for next year. 

Thankfully others knew better and the hysterical calls for his head were ignored.