The Biggest Traitor in our history?

Deffo Richards for me, manipulated every one of our fans for his own ends. Never put the club and it's fans first, the financial mess we were in a few years back was all down to his profligacy whilst chairman. Then, he does a runner...hope he returns to Hillsborough one day soon, I'd like to witness his "discomfort".:angry:

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Compared the damage  that cretin Allen did  , richards is a saint. 

I have no sympathy for Allen he was totally out of his depth when he took over the helm. 

The only thing I could say in his defence is that when he took over the captaincy of a ship unfortunately for him it was the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

5 hours ago, sternlad said:

Deffo Richards for me, manipulated every one of our fans for his own ends. Never put the club and it's fans first, the financial mess we were in a few years back was all down to his profligacy whilst chairman. Then, he does a runner...hope he returns to Hillsborough one day soon, I'd like to witness his "discomfort".:angry:

Good points well made - but  the managers he appointed didn't spend the cash wisely. He gave them a competitive budget and was part of the board and then chairman that won us a trophy and took us into Europe. 

And we backed the club so well that a full 17k of us turned up to watch Wednesday go top of the League. 

When I met him via journalism I always felt he was a Wednesday fan - although he tended to answer questions blandly and in platitudes. 

On Wed Mar 22 2017 at 23:04, elyowl1 said:

Dave Richards imo deliberately undermined the club to suit his own personal agenda , as Chairman it was his responsibility to ensure he put the club first ,  his actions and at times inaction have put the club 20 years behind the premier league and very nearly led to our demise is totally unforgivable.

Beat me to it. He run the club into the ground and jumped ship to further his career with the FA, his actions were nothing short of criminal.