1 minute ago, Thewaynesday said:

I mean with all your negativity.  Of course he was talking about mcgugan but you wouldn't go to war with someone who doesn't do as the boss asks. I totally understand that logic and football is like that , you need players who will do as they are told .... not just throw a Mardy and refuse to 

I am a glass half full kind of guy, thus I think it's the manager wrecking it for these players, sack him and we'll take the playoffs. Our players are much better! look at Leeds with Wood, he's not Fletcher's level. This sort of thing is CC's fault.

McGugan didn't go to war, CC said he said that he couldn't play that position-meaning he's crap at it, it's professional of McGugan to inform CC he couldn't do it rather than just waste time trying him there. CC though, as he has proven with other players, disappoint him and you will not play. It's ridiculous the amount of talent he's happy to let rotting in the reserves costing us a fortune.

Mcgugan is Chansiri at his worst taking advice from relics of our skint past, we've moved on just he won't until he's paid up, then he will go do it to some other poor sods like Rotherham or Coventry.

The only reason he's here is because he wanted his contract paying off with compo for lost bonuses, so he could go earn more ££ elsewhere. Chansiri won't be bullied!

53 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

I mean with all your negativity.  Of course he was talking about mcgugan but you wouldn't go to war with someone who doesn't do as the boss asks. I totally understand that logic and football is like that , you need players who will do as they are told .... not just throw a Mardy and refuse to 

We saw when he Was given a chance and was one of our outstanding players on the pitch every week under stu. Ok so he can be a maverick, but most match winners are becouse they do the unexpected, we're struggling and missing that creative spark right now, so for me it's time they kissed and made up and he's given a chance again to fill the creative void we're missing. Here's the thing good managers know how to get the best out of the players at there disposal. Imagine refusing to play a 28 year old gazza or waddle becouse he wouldn't rigidly do as he's told? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You doubt that do you? I don't

We all heard on radio sheff his b1itching about McGugan

McGugan simply said he's not a no10. He isn't.

McGugan barely had a game since!

Unless you're party to conversations that go on at the training ground, how do you know that's all that McGugan has said? 

For all we know, there could be more to it, but it wouldn't be very professional of Carlos to air the club's dirty laundry in public. There were rumours that Lachman was involved in a training ground bust-up with a member of the coaching team, but nobody from the club has commented on it.

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Unless you're party to conversations that go on at the training ground, how do you know that's all that McGugan has said? 

For all we know, there could be more to it, but it wouldn't be very professional of Carlos to air the club's dirty laundry in public. There were rumours that Lachman was involved in a training ground bust-up with a member of the coaching team, but nobody from the club has commented on it.

I don't think having a fight in training justifies never playing

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't think having a fight in training justifies never playing

I suppose it depends on the circumstances. If a manager feels that a player's presence is going to disrupt the harmony of his team, then he may well choose to leave him out.

I'm not saying this is the case with McGugan, but how you can say 'McGugan simply said X, Y, or Z...' without knowing the full details of what's led to Carlos' decision, I'm not sure.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I suppose it depends on the circumstances. If a manager feels that a player's presence is going to disrupt the harmony of his team, then he may well choose to leave him out.

I'm not saying this is the case with McGugan, but how you can say 'McGugan simply said X, Y, or Z...' without knowing the full details of what's led to Carlos' decision, I'm not sure.

Because Carlos said what happened on radio sheff!

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because Carlos said what happened on radio sheff!

And if there were more to it, you'd expect him to share the details of it with the media!?

We don't know what's really gone on behind the scenes, only that the outcome is that McGugan has been deemed surplus to requirements. Whether that's because Carlos has taken umbrage with McGugan simply saying he's not a number 10 or something else, we'll probably never find out.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And if there were more to it, you'd expect him to share the details of it with the media!?

We don't know what's really gone on behind the scenes, only that the outcome is that McGugan has been deemed surplus to requirements. Whether that's because Carlos has taken umbrage with McGugan simply saying he's not a number 10 or something else, we'll probably never find out.

what makes you think it's anything more than the reasons CC gave on Radio Sheffield? 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

what makes you think it's anything more than the reasons CC gave on Radio Sheffield? 

What makes you think that Carlos has frozen McGugan out of the team for simply saying he's not a number 10?

You stated that this was the reason; all I'm saying is that we'll probably never know for sure, as we're now a well-run club who keep issues in-house when it's in our interests to. Unless you were there when the decision was made, you don't know what went on.

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What makes you think that Carlos has frozen McGugan out of the team for simply saying he's not a number 10?

You stated that this was the reason; all I'm saying is that we'll probably never know for sure, as we're now a well-run club who keep issues in-house when it's in our interests to. Unless you were there when the decision was made, you don't know what went on.

Because he sounded like he was sulking with him during that interview and he has barely had a chance since so it seems like the sulk has continued.

It's gotta be Carlos-if McGugan had done anything so bad there would be disciplinary action taken against him,

Carlos's track record suggests he thinks nothing of leaving players to rot in the reserves

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Because he sounded like he was sulking with him during that interview and he has barely had a chance since so it seems like the sulk has continued.

It's gotta be Carlos-if McGugan had done anything so bad there would be disciplinary action taken against him,

Carlos's track record suggests he thinks nothing of leaving players to rot in the reserves

What track record is that? Which fantastic, dedicated and professional footballers has Carlos unfairly exiled in his time here?

It doesn't have to be Carlos at all: the point I'm making is that despite your apparent desperation to use this as a stick to beat Carlos with, we don't know what's really gone on.

I'm not going to start speculating, as that would be unfair, but for some reason you seem quite happy to characterise McGugan as entirely blameless, whilst mean Mr Carvalhal actively seeks to ruin his career because he 'simply said he's not a number 10'.

And apparently the most professional manager we've had in many a year is now 'sulking'.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What track record is that? Which fantastic, dedicated and professional footballers has Carlos unfairly exiled in his time here?

It doesn't have to be Carlos at all: the point I'm making is that despite your apparent desperation to use this as a stick to beat Carlos with, we don't know what's really gone on.

I'm not going to start speculating, as that would be unfair, but for some reason you seem quite happy to characterise McGugan as entirely blameless, whilst mean Mr Carvalhal actively seeks to ruin his career because he 'simply said he's not a number 10'.

And apparently the most professional manager we've had in many a year is now 'sulking'.

:duntmatter:

McGugan isn't the only player who has been completely frozen out, Lachman, Emanuelson have been even Melo is playing reguarly in Portugal now, so perhaps he was too. 

Why do you think he is so professional? he regularly *******, moans and makes excuses to the media. He's been fined, he's been sent off

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

McGugan isn't the only player who has been completely frozen out, Lachman, Emanuelson have been even Melo is playing reguarly in Portugal now, so perhaps he was too. 

Why do you think he is so professional? he regularly *******, moans and makes excuses to the media. He's been fined, he's been sent off

As I said earlier, there were pretty strong rumours that Lachman was involved in an incident in training which led to him being told he'd never play for the club again. Whether that was Carlos' decision or Chansiri's, who knows? Melo had injury problems which culminated in him having knee surgery, and he's now been sent on loan to try and finally regain some form of fitness. As for Emanuelson...who knows!?

So this 'track record' of which you speak extends to Urby Emanuelson, who may or may not be being unfairly 'left to rot in the reserves', but we don't really have a clue either way, then?

Carlos represents our club brilliantly in my opinion: he's erudite, engaging and measured even in the face of ridiculous refereeing decisions or the case of a star player refusing to travel with his team. That he manages to conduct himself in this manner in his second language is all the more impressive.

As for your final point, if our criteria for choosing a manager when Carlos eventually leaves the club includes: 'must not have ever been fined, sent off or moaned to the media', we'll have a fairly lengthy search on our hands!

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

As I said earlier, there were pretty strong rumours that Lachman was involved in an incident in training which led to him being told he'd never play for the club again. Whether that was Carlos' decision or Chansiri's, who knows? Melo had injury problems which culminated in him having knee surgery, and he's now been sent on loan to try and finally regain some form of fitness. As for Emanuelson...who knows!?

So this 'track record' of which you speak extends to Urby Emanuelson, who may or may not be being unfairly 'left to rot in the reserves', but we don't really have a clue either way, then?

Carlos represents our club brilliantly in my opinion: he's erudite, engaging and measured even in the face of ridiculous refereeing decisions or the case of a star player refusing to travel with his team. That he manages to conduct himself in this manner in his second language is all the more impressive.

As for your final point, if our criteria for choosing a manager when Carlos eventually leaves the club includes: 'must not have ever been fined, sent off or moaned to the media', we'll have a fairly lengthy search on our hands!

If Lachman anything violent-so bad it would be decided that he'd never play for the club, then why didn't they just sack him?

You are seeing a different Carlos to me, I think he is a right whinger so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. You said Carlos was one of the most professional managers we have had, I had pointed out these behaviors are not professional-not that I see them as a requirement to picking a manager.