Fantastic result at Elland Road .. couldn't be better.

Other results today have gone for us a bit. Not a time for wrist slitting. Were they terrifyingly better than us? was there even a spell when you thought "Yikes - we are being outclassed?"

no - thought not. Fine margins in a tight match - penalty goes in and ....

automatic ship sailed ages ago. Play off place still needs to be secured. If King Carlos works out his best 11 and formation Id still fancy us against anyone except Brighton or Barcodes. 

6 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

If we can get in the play offs we have a great chance of winning them I believe.

Ok we lost twice to Leeds, but I thought in both games the result could have been very different.

We look more ordinary this season than last, but I do think we are equipped to get the job done when it will count in may!!

What makes you think we'll be better in May?

Carlos won't change his tactics of letting the opposition score first so I don't fancy our chances at all if I'm honest

DC is being tested to the limit and no one could blame him for pulling the trigger right now

27 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Talent for talent there's no comparison?

Who from your starting 11 today would get in our starting 11 today?

The back four? Wouldn't swap ours for yours.

Hutch for Bridcutt orOKane? Not for me plus most of you prefer Hutch as a centre back.

Doukara and Wacko weren't brilliant today but ant worse than Reach and Wallace? Not really.

FF for Hernandez I could take, Wood for Rhodes? Very close call.

Big transfer fees and wages don't always equal a big talent.

Genuinely don't understand how you've got the nerve to still post on this site after your bottle job last year.  Still, at least FF has moved on from not getting in your team to "I would take".

8 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Nope, I said Tom was a good player and wished him well. He needed a change to stop his game stagnating, he came you and has done great. 

Ok fair enough I thought he said he wasn't a good enough footballer to play from the back which was something he wanted to introduce. I remember laughing at the time.

31 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Talent for talent there's no comparison?

Who from your starting 11 today would get in our starting 11 today?

The back four? Wouldn't swap ours for yours.

Hutch for Bridcutt orOKane? Not for me plus most of you prefer Hutch as a centre back.

Doukara and Wacko weren't brilliant today but ant worse than Reach and Wallace? Not really.

FF for Hernandez I could take, Wood for Rhodes? Very close call.

Big transfer fees and wages don't always equal a big talent.

Nice of you to turn up again, nowt better than an after timer who disappears when the going gets tough only to return when his team wins.

Didn't you predict we would finish around 14th the last time you beat us?

You have assembled a solid team on the resources you have used. From today's starting 11 I would have Westwood, defences are similar and would have a case for 2 each from any of the defenders. Hutch would get into the 11 ahead of Bridcutt & Okane, Forestieri is better wide for  us and Rhodes & Wood could play together. Abdi, Bannan & Lee - playing in a formation & team that suits their game - would be ahead of any of your central midfielders.

First goal was crucial but had we scored the penalty I don't think we would have lost. Did Leeds have any near misses or shots saved against an under-performing Wednesday team?

Gotta be honest, I think Carlos is a great manager. He's turned us into a great footballing side. But iv questioned his tactics on a few occasions this season. At this stage of the season and the position we are in, we have to take at least a point at places like ellend road. Leeds were nothing special today and were there for the taking but same old story, goal down chasing the game. Defensively we have a decent record, but look at the firepower we have. Forestieri is wasted up front. He's the most creative player we have and needs the ball at his feet attacking the goal with space in front of him. We seem to be using Rhodes as a target man. Perhaps him and hooper could feed off each other but until hooper is fit he needs the ball at his feet not knocking it down for nobody to be there!! 

Like I said I like Carlos, but he has no attacking plan b. Is it time for a change? I don't know, but unless we start scoring we gunna slip down and out of contention. We need more goals, and stop continually chasing the game code we gone a goal down in 1st half 

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nice of you to turn up again, nowt better than an after timer who disappears when the going gets tough only to return when his team wins.

Didn't you predict we would finish around 14th the last time you beat us?

You have assembled a solid team on the resources you have used. From today's starting 11 I would have Westwood, defences are similar and would have a case for 2 each from any of the defenders. Hutch would get into the 11 ahead of Bridcutt & Okane, Forestieri is better wide for  us and Rhodes & Wood could play together. Abdi, Bannan & Lee - playing in a formation & team that suits their game - would be ahead of any of your central midfielders.

First goal was crucial but had we scored the penalty I don't think we would have lost. Did Leeds have any near misses or shots saved against an under-performing Wednesday team?

Bannan and Lee? both bossed by our midfielders in the last two games. No way are they ahead  of ours. 

3 hours ago, Davetherave said:

sooooooooooo ...... after we have stopped crying into our pints and our nearest and dearest have 

prevented us access to sharp instruments :

LUFC nor SWFC will make automatic promotion, but both will be in the play

offs, so apart from bragging rights the score, and points taken today was meaningless.

Talent for talent there is no comparison with the two sides.

Gary Monks, a great guy by the way, has deserved his players to play above them selves since

the same fixture earlier at Hillsborough.

On the other hand a number of very talented and expensive SWFC pros need to put in a proper

shift for Carlos .... who is also very deserving.  

This little Portugese chap who brought the best

away day for us in a decade at Wembley last year deserves much better than he is getting. ...

he must feel like tearing his already thinning mop out.

Senior pros. (and many of them are) in our side need to look very closely at

their reflection in the mirror when they have their bank accounts in front of them. 

Do the numbers really add up ........ when they they think of Mr Chansiri, Carlos and us?

I don't give a monkeys about replies I may get to this on OT ... I just hope a few players

with the exception of Sammy reads the tripe we put out on here.

Something to look forward to .... just hoping that in the last 10 to 12 games,  the players start

repaying Carlos,  and when we beat LUFC in the play offs it will be all the more sweeter

and today will be totally meaningless.

UTO and long live and reign Carlos.

Cool story bro 

Just now, just visiting said:

Bannan and Lee? both bossed by our midfielders in the last two games. No way are they ahead  of ours. 

How was Bannan, who played for 25 minutes ish today and had more touches than most of your midfield combined in that time, bossed today?

It wasn't long ago you were telling us how Mowatt, Murphy, Cooke and Adeyemi were better than what we had so I will take your opinion with a pinch of salt.

Are we still heading for 14th place?

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and take stock. The result wasn't the end of the world. We're not going to finish top two now. So long as Brighton and Newcastle go up automatically, Owls have nothing to fear in the playoffs. Would happily take Huddersfield in semi and a Leeds or Reading final. It was fine lines today, there's not much in the playoff teams at all, hopefully last season final experience will count this time round - it's big big pressure in the final - if we make it we will have a big advantage as none of those teams have been in Premier league for years. Let's be positive and let's back Carlos..