Credit Carlos

He has my vote but Carlos got it very wrong with his formation it completely handed the initiative to Barnsley - 5 defenders at home! Midfield 2 or 3 were completely lost never seen so much talking & pointing between players and bench.  We have some real quality attacking players (Abdi, FF, Reach, Hooper and Bannan) FFS let's play them (wen all available) and go after teams. We have enough to beat anybody in this league.

33 minutes ago, wilsondidwell said:

He has my vote but Carlos got it very wrong with his formation it completely handed the initiative to Barnsley - 5 defenders at home! Midfield 2 or 3 were completely lost never seen so much talking & pointing between players and bench.  We have some real quality attacking players (Abdi, FF, Reach, Hooper and Bannan) FFS let's play them (wen all available) and go after teams. We have enough to beat anybody in this league.

And yet they won by two clear goals, against an in form side, something that we've never done this season. Didn't Carlos say on the radio that it was 4-3-3?

Carlos made changes that had a positive impact on the game. 

We were a bit meh in the first half, but much improved in the second. 

Tuesday night was always going to be a tough one, but we managed to get the three points and move onto the mini-pigs. 

Some people seem to be expecting Barcelona when they rock up to S6 this season. 

The Championship, for all the money being spent nowadays, is still a war of attrition for the most part. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The Championship, for all the money being spent nowadays, is still a war of attrition for the most part. 

Indeed, everyone can beat everyone hence there's so many clubs challenging to get to the playoffs this season 

It was easy to predict last nights premier league results, but the championship is more of a battle and any win is a good result 

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Carlos made changes that had a positive impact on the game. 

We were a bit meh in the first half, but much improved in the second. 

Tuesday night was always going to be a tough one, but we managed to get the three points and move onto the mini-pigs. 

Some people seem to be expecting Barcelona when they rock up to S6 this season. 

Thats right, in fact both these home games are going to be tough They are local derbies, which don't necessarily produce footballing spectacles Also, with our cutting edge missing (Forestieri/Hooper) we had to find another way of winning. Once I saw we'd be missing both those players, I knew we needed to do something different, and it became all about getting the points

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Carlos got it wrong in the first place starting two strikers.  We're so much better when Wallace was on the field. I do think both Bannan and maybe even Lee need resting.

In my opinion Wallace is an under rated part of our team (and of the success we had last season), we occasionally have fans saying he isn't good enough or makes too many errors but he brings direct, hard, attacking, driving football to the team - all hail Wallace!