HUtches red

darra

21 hours ago, darra said:

At the time it looked to me like he tried to punch it, I wonder if the ref thought the same given he threw himself hand and hands first in a desperate attempt to block it.

Edited by slow83

Harsh to say the least. Showed it to a Man Utd friend of mine and he also thought it was harsh. Look on the bright side though - gutted as I am for Hutch, it was the turning point of the match bizzarely. After the subsequent penalty miss, we became like pack animals and absolutely dominated the next 30 mins or so... and we all know what happened after that!

7 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

To be honest it's a relevant now if he got sent off but I think it was a professional foul I think he try to make out that he was tripping up and then rugby tackled is legs that's why he didn't really complain after the red card

I think he didn't complain because you can't anymore... which annoys the hell out of me knowing that referees are basically untouchable.

I don't think players should be allowed to spout off at refs but look at the Gary Cahill incident against Swansea - the lack of complaint adds credence to the refs decision and the referees body aren't going to castigate the ref after the event so he's basically got away with an absolute clanger with Cahill / Chelsea having no right of response.