HUtches red

darra

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Bullshit.

Players have a right to safety.

At what point was our player in any danger , it's football not lion taming . I'm not advocating throwing yourself at a knee height ball you have no chance of winning with both your feet aiming for their knee or trying to decapitate a player by trying to volley it off of or through his head  but they are trying to turn it into a non contact sport . But they could all get some high vizs and hard hats if they want . 

6 minutes ago, cross owl said:

At what point was our player in any danger , it's football not lion taming . I'm not advocating throwing yourself at a knee height ball you have no chance of winning with both your feet aiming for their knee or trying to decapitate a player by trying to volley it off of or through his head  but they are trying to turn it into a non contact sport . But they could all get some high vizs and hard hats if they want . 

Clearly you've lost this argument, as shown by using these ridiculous examples

Let me give you a better one. The tackle that maimed Luke Shaw.

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Clearly you've lost this argument, as shown by using these ridiculous examples

Let me give you a better one. The tackle that maimed Luke Shaw.

I'm not saying you can do what you like and steam into players like skittles as long as you get your toe to the ball I'm just saying that it is slowly becoming a sport that you don't go to ground for at all . I'm not arguing as I think it's becoming less and less a sport that you can go to ground and win the ball for and you don't . Simply an opinion and like bottoms everyone has one . And no I'm not advocating tackles that maimed Luke Shaw or anything close to it . 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Christ the lack of understanding of the new rules is astounding.....the only change is that if the player has made a genuine attempt to go for the ball and commits a foul in the area then it's a yellow.....anything else which denies an obvious goals coring opportunity including handball, pushing or shirt pulling is still a straight red. Would have to see it again before I could form a judgement on today's red

This.  No attempt to play ball almost a rugby tackle.

Ref got that spot on. 

1 hour ago, edwardjameswells said:

CC said in his interview that the ref (or the 4th official) told him the sending off was for deliberate handball.

So given the video evidence would completely exonerate him of handball, I'm assuming we'll appeal this.

I thought when hutch went to ground he knocked ball away with his hand? In which case right decision ... Was my view but again only saw it live

1 hour ago, darra said:

so a referee not knowing a rule change that he was no doubt told about a few weeks ago could have resulted in us losing the game after having a player wrongly sent off. Just isnt good enough and needs addressing

Hmm, if Bristol had stuck that pen away, that's us 3-1 down, 10 men vs 11 men with roughly 30 mins left to play.  In a nutshell, game over.

If we had gone onto lose from that position, I certainly wouldn't have been blaming the ref.

Forgive my daft theory but this is a still of pretty much where the foul was committed, he's coming in from the side where the ball is there to be won (it's not like he's coming through the attacker to get the ball as the attacker has just nipped the ball away from Hutch with his right foot).

Hutch 1.jpg

Now invert Hutch so his feet are in front of him (the more typical tackling strategy!)... if he went feet first he'd have been even closer to nicking the ball away before the attacker. Ok, fact remains he isn't going with his feet but his head but you'd use the same timing, whether on your feet and tackling with your legs or stumbling forward to tackle with your head. So it's a pretty desperate attempt at a tackle but could it not be argued it is a genuine attempt at the ball, misstimed and worthy of a penalty and a yellow card but not a red under these new rules?

hutch 2.jpg