442 Names

Come on.

We all know Carlos will stick with 442. He has just bought Reach who makes 442 even more obvious.

So, pick YOUR names for the 442.

No copping out with 451, 433, 352, 343 diamond with one up yer bum in a Christmas tree.

442. Who's in and who's not v Wigan?

Guest wilyfox

Jones suspended makes it a little easier.

..................Westwood

Palmer.....Lees....Hutchinson...Pudil

Bannan....Lee......Abdi......Reach

.............Fletcher....Forestieri

Just for fun, because that's the fun sort of guy I am, I will tot up the names in the frames of the enormous number of replies this gets,  and turn it into the definitive Owlstalk 442 Xl.

F.O.R.E.S.T.I.E.R.I. spells Hooper right?

Anyone posting anything other than 442 will be treated as a spoilt ballot paper. Be warned.

Edited by Holmowl

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Jones suspended makes it a little easier.

..................Westwood

Palmer.....Lees....Hutchinson...Pudil

Bannan....Lee......Abdi......Reach

.............Fletcher....Forestieri

Agree, although I would be waiting to see how Hunt's form is looking in training before deciding the right back position.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, pompeyowl said:

Agree, although I would be waiting to see how Hunt's form is looking in training before deciding the right back position.

Hunt turned in consecutive poor performances. Palmer came in and did alright. He's keeps the shirt next game, for me. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Hunt turned in consecutive poor performances. Palmer came in and did alright. He's keeps the shirt next game, for me. 

Agreed. Out of character, in my eyes, that Hunt has been so poor. That's why I suggested the training evaluation.

It will also depend on tactics. Do you want a right back that stays in position, but doesn't offer a great deal going forward? Or do you want the extra attacking option with the risk of being caight lacking at the back on the counter?

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Agreed. A couple of meh performances then two horrors....needs to be performing miracles in training to keep Palmer and possibly even Lee from RB.

But no more tangents...442 names chaps and chapesses.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, pompeyowl said:

Agreed. Out of character, in my eyes, that Hunt has been so poor. That's why I suggested the training evaluation.

It will also depend on tactics. Do you want a right back that stays in position, but doesn't offer a great deal going forward? Or do you want the extra attacking option with the risk of being caight lacking at the back on the counter?

Generally, I prefer Hunt. His performances first two games were good. Needs to up his consistency though. 2 good, 2 bad won't cut it. 

Just now, wilyfox said:

Generally, I prefer Hunt. His performances first two games were good. Needs to up his consistency though. 2 good, 2 bad won't cut it. 

I won't knock Palmer. I like him. He does a job, and does it well in my opinion and I'm more than happy to see his name on a teamsheet.

My preference is Hunt, though. To me it's like having a second winger. He's not afraid to try to beat a man, and he opens up a lot of space in the oposition.

His form has been questionable so far this season, which is disappointing. I'd love to see him put in a good performance against Wigan. Maybe the break will do him some good.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Costello 77 said:

All true. I wouldn't want to knock the lads confidence though. I'd see how he goes first half v Wigan.

Unfair on Palmer. Did fine against Brentford. Doesn't deserve dropping yet. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

In the big scheme of things( last season included), you could say the same for Hunt.

Personally, I'd go on current form. Hunt and Wallace rightly dropped, in my opinion. Must work to win their place back, not be handed to them. 

Hunt is better going forward, Palmer is better defensively...it's not that hard.

Westwood

Palmer     Lees       Hutch      Pudil

Bazza      Lee      Abdi      Fessi

Fletcher        Hooper

When Jones comes back and Reach is ready for Carlos, things will change obviously.

It would be great to see Reach on the right in front of Palmer who would give him good cover, but it doesn't seem that he's be on that side.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Personally, I'd go on current form. Hunt and Wallace rightly dropped, in my opinion. Must work to win their place back, not be handed to them. 

Check, but not quite check mate. Funny you should mention Wallace, I've said in other threads that Hunt has been hung out to dry by Wallace going missing. Palmer may not have that handicap if he plays.