Form against top teams

Guest doike

Don't know why the OP has got negged for this. Bizarre.

The truth is that unless we correct this we are heavily reliant on beating the bottom teams. Losing to Charlton and MK doesn't help.

Unless we start winning some of the games against the top teams it makes it unlikely, but not impossible, that we will get in the top 6. Furthermore, even if we do make the top 6, the omens wouldn't be good.

Not sure about the stats, but if we'd beaten more teams in the top half at least some of them wouldn't have been in the top half, and some of those who are now in the bottom half would have been in the top half and we did better against them. Going for a lie down now.

I see your point but I think I would be bothered, yes. If we got into the playoffs having failed to beat any of the top 6, I think that gives our opponents a psychological advantage. If we do finish in the top 6, our objective would surely be to WIN the playoffs. If we can't beat the top sides, how would be do that?

We had a poor record against the top 6 teams in 2004/05, didn't stop us when we went into the play-offs then.