what will cost cc his job

Good grief …..  The man is building a squad to take us in to a new era.  Give him chance he's only been around six months.  What do people really expect from him in such a short time?  

For me he needs to be here next season carrying on his good work and laying the foundations for future success.

The main discussion is what will DC expect from him. I expected CC to fail based on his past record, it still could go either way.

The problem is Holmsy is that in his 14 year managerial career (which he gave up, as a bad job), he has no record of laying foundations and building for future success. he generally walked or been sacked within a few months.

How would you know? We had that many people asleep at the many 0-0 draws we had I doubt anyone would have noticed.

that 'nil' would have 2 less than we conceded last night, again...

he's no idea at the back...

he's got brian laws disease, pick 5 defenders and expect them to sort it out...

then you concentrate on the rest, except he doesn't concentrate on attack with the strikeforce sat on it arse...

so despite the money spent, no better than gray did then???

A lot better in fact. We are scoring goals playing entertaining games. We would NEVER fight our way back into games like we have done this year and Gray couldnt even beat Charlton to set up the biggest fixture the club would have seen for a while. We had no fight last year but this year we do. We also have injuries to important players.

A lot better in fact. We are scoring goals playing entertaining games. We would NEVER fight our way back into games like we have done this year and Gray couldnt even beat Charlton to set up the biggest fixture the club would have seen for a while. We had no fight last year but this year we do. We also have injuries to important players.

Entertaining games? We're having 1 Shot a game. Get your blue tinted specs off.

that 'nil' would have 2 less than we conceded last night, again...

he's no idea at the back...

he's got brian laws disease, pick 5 defenders and expect them to sort it out...

then you concentrate on the rest, except he doesn't concentrate on attack with the strikeforce sat on it arse...

we dont have enough choice at the back with injuries. 

and we would be having another boring season under gray. 

20 games in - 4 points off of playoffs- OR pick the monotonous rubbish we had to endure last year.

I know which I would have. Your posts are so stupid its unreal and you need a bit of perspective before you bash the keyboard.

Entertaining games? We're having 1 Shot a game. Get your blue tinted specs off.

As opposed to doing nothing but defend last year?

Maybe you need some perspective as well - 4 points off playoffs- cant be that bad can it.

1 shot a game- its amazing what you can do when you put a downer on it- 2 goals at cardiff and blackburn = more than 1 shot a game

Edited by SouthernOwl24

Im not hiding. Your an idiot if you cant see that it takes time. 

Take Man City it took them 3ish years to gel probably with the best team in the league on paper. Finishing outside the Champions League for a few seasons then it took them time to win it. They have had 3 years to gel we have had 5 months. 

He is a very good coach and you can clearly see the improvements in quality. 

Ipswich were good last year so its not really a surprise. They have a team which mostly played together last year. 

We are a work in progress and its obvious to see that there is a long way to go. But to want the managers head after one result is pathetic.

you're the idiot...

so long as we pass it 35 times it's ok...

then you can say 'BARCA' when talkin' to yer mates...

we 're taking too long to get it up top, then we can't hold it there with one up...

position wise we've improved next to next to eff all...

gray had the defensive element covered, he needed funding for the all important attacking elements...

this pillocks got attackers, they spend a good amount of time sat on the bench...

gray didn't have the money to buy forwards...

No a lot better in subjective opinion (which we all share). Facts show little progress.

20 games in - 4 points off of playoffs- OR pick the monotonous rubbish we had to endure last year.

I know which I would have. Your posts are so stupid its unreal and you need a bit of perspective before you bash the keyboard.

Maybe you need some perspective as well - 4 points off playoffs- cant be that bad can it.

the tight pocketed milan was grays gaffer...

how do you think carlos would have coped under milan's budgetary requirements???

the tight pocketed milan was grays gaffer...

how do you think carlos would have coped under milan's budgetary requirements???

This a very good ?, but one there is no answer too.

My guess if CC had last years budget & squad, we would have a Steel City derby to attend.

No a lot better in subjective opinion (which we all share). Facts show little progress.

But yes we are. Last year we were not in the pack chasing playoffs and we all knew it. 

This year we are. 4 points off is not bad at this stage and also watching a LOT better football. 

Goals are the entertaining factor in a game- not clean sheets. Unless your like Corey and dnhc and prefer the boring football we watched.

1 shot a game- its amazing what you can do when you put a downer on it- 2 goals at cardiff and blackburn = more than 1 shot a game

We've spent 10m so should be doing alot better than last season.

cc has signed 15 odd players and only 2-3 of them look good enough for top 6. 10 jobs in 10 years speaks for itself.

cc has signed 15 odd players and only 2-3 of them look good enough for top 6. 10 jobs in 10 years speaks for itself.

HAHA Both ways- also means clubs still want him as he must be good

Get behind him because DC will not be firing him anytime soon. 

I would hazard a guess that of the eight teams currently above us in the league that seven have spent considerably more than we have over the last 3 to 4 years, which is probably the length of time it takes to build a nucleus of a team capable of challenging to go up (yes their will be exceptions).