CC Pre-Fulham

I actually think Beholder might have been right about Kieran Lee and him (Lee) being our best midfielder.

This is concerning.

Let us never speak of it again.

The irony is that Lee ' career profile to date is similar to that of JOC's at his age

(level & appearances).

If lee had come to us 7 seasons later, beholder may have launched a hate campaign against him too, or championed JOC had he arrived 7 seasons earlier.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

How many teams in this league go game to game making no changes? Very few I'd say. We're struggling for goals & conceded 3 on the spin against Boro and Burnley. Not only that, but we're playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday most of the time.

We've got strength in depth and we're making the necessary changes.

Owlstalk & social media was full of fans slagging off the team after the boro game. Fast forward two weeks & we have signed 4 players....obviously changes were going to be made vs Burnley. We still conceded 3 and certain players were clearly weaker than others. Palmer & Loovens were singled out for particularly criticism for their defending for the goals. Not only that but Loovens is struggling & keeps picking up little niggles. The three changes for Bolton were completely justified.

And having still not hit the nail on the head goals wise, and with Hutchinson suspended/Westwood fit again....we'll make changes again.

Making changes isn't a bad thing. Not once has a change been bizarrely made. We have strength in depth to allow us to keep things fresh!

That was the reason to neg whoever I did. I'm fed up of people for using any stick available to beat CC with.

It's common knowledge a settled side is a happy side, cc has had the full pre-season plus 10 games already this season to choose his full strength x11 and were nowhere closer to knowing what that is! bringing in an unknown foreign journeyman to what arguably is the hardest league to get out of was pure suicide 

How many teams in this league go game to game making no changes? Very few I'd say. We're struggling for goals & conceded 3 on the spin against Boro and Burnley. Not only that, but we're playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday most of the time.

Owlstalk & social media was full of fans slagging off the team after the boro game. Fast forward two weeks & we have signed 4 players....obviously changes were going to be made vs Burnley. We still conceded 3 and certain players were clearly weaker than others. Palmer & Loovens were singled out for particularly criticism for their defending for the goals. Not only that but Loovens is struggling & keeps picking up little niggles. The three changes for Bolton were completely justified.

And having still not hit the nail on the head goals wise, and with Hutchinson suspended/Westwood fit again....we'll make changes again.

Making changes isn't a bad thing. Not once has a change been bizarrely made. We have strength in depth to allow us to keep things fresh!

That was the reason to neg whoever I did. I'm fed up of people for using any stick available to beat CC with.

Keep things fresh?

Keep the side looking like the players don't really know each other more like. If CC feels the need to drop a player every time he has a poor game things will be very slow to improve...if they do at all

Keep things fresh?

Keep the side looking like the players don't really know each other more like. If CC feels the need to drop a player every time he has a poor game things will be very slow to improve...if they do at all

They play together all the time in training.

CC is picking players based on how they can play against the opposition, what impact they can make. 

Unless you'd rather go back to the Dave Jones era where he kept picking McPhail and Olofinjana. They knew each other inside out, played with each other all the time. Still poo poo. 

In an ideal world I'd like to keep the spine of the team the same when possible, injuries permitting. But if players aren't playing well we have quality in the side to change that. Competition for places is good.

It's common knowledge a settled side is a happy side, cc has had the full pre-season plus 10 games already this season to choose his full strength x11 and were nowhere closer to knowing what that is! bringing in an unknown foreign journeyman to what arguably is the hardest league to get out of was pure suicide

You are talking utter tripe.

Burnley was the 6th league game of the season and 3 new signings were given their debuts

How difficult is it to understand that some of the players signed by the committee have not been good enough and replacements have been signed.

No good sorting out your best 11 if half of them are crap.

The era I'd like us to go back to was long before that of DJ.

Respect your opinion but simply disagree. Sure, change one or two players depending on circumstances but the wholesale changes that have been made up to now need to (and I guess probably will) stop if we are to become a good team

The era I'd like us to go back to was long before that of DJ.

Respect your opinion but simply disagree. Sure, change one or two players depending on circumstances but the wholesale changes that have been made up to now need to (and I guess probably will) stop if we are to become a good team

If you're flying high in the league a settled side is something to go for.

But we're lower table & struggling for goals. Can hardly expect to keep the same side that got tanked by boro, nor the same side that leaked 3 against Burnley.

Wholesale changes each game aren't the answer. But things have to be tweaked until something clicks. Maybe the only unforced tweak on Saturday will be Westwood in for Wildsmith and maybe that will be the answer.

But until we start playing well we can't go forward with an 11 that continues to fail. 

If you're flying high in the league a settled side is something to go for.

But we're lower table & struggling for goals. Can hardly expect to keep the same side that got tanked by boro, nor the same side that leaked 3 against Burnley.

Wholesale changes each game aren't the answer. But things have to be tweaked until something clicks. Maybe the only unforced tweak on Saturday will be Westwood in for Wildsmith and maybe that will be the answer.

But until we start playing well we can't go forward with an 11 that continues to fail.

Spare me the lecture FO. If you read my last post you'll see that I don't disagree with that. Changing one or two at a time maybe. Four, five, six tho...

Edited by Bleeder

You are talking utter tripe.

Burnley was the 6th league game of the season and 3 new signings were given their debuts

How difficult is it to understand that some of the players signed by the committee have not been good enough and replacements have been signed.

No good sorting out your best 11 if half of them are crap.

If half the starting x11 are crap who's to blame for that?

Spare me the lecture FO. If you read my last post you'll see that I don't disagree with that. Changing one or two at a time maybe. Four, five, six tho...

We made loads of changes from the Boro game. However it isn't as though we played Boro one Saturday and then played Burnley soon after. Boro dicked us and then we had a two week break. A two week break which CC probably spent time reassessing the squad that Boro brushed aside. Rethinking our defensive frailties, rethinking why we weren't controlling games like Boro are. On top of that we signed Pudil, Forestieri & Bannan between those games and Loovens was available again after injury.

After seeing our side get smashed by Boro I would have been worried if within two weeks CC didn't figure out that certain players needed dropping. Not one player was undeservedly dropped. 

We lose, undeservedly, to Burnley but there was still issues to work out. Once again, the three changes made vs Bolton were completely spot on. Palmer was sloppy for two goals vs Burnley, Loovens doesn't look fit & Wallace didn't offer much.

We've brought in so many players, it's going to take time to find the team that clicks on all fronts.

If half the starting x11 are crap who's to blame for that?

Do you understand that CC does not sign the players?

He didn't sign Sasso Lachman Price Wiggins McGugan. Hunt etc.

He had never seen them play so the only way he can find out if they are any good is to play them.

He prob did sign Joao Lopes and Matias or at least knew them

Would you prefer he hadn't made the recent changes so no Pudil Bannon or Foriesteri in the team?

We made loads of changes from the Boro game. However it isn't as though we played Boro one Saturday and then played Burnley soon after. Boro dicked us and then we had a two week break. A two week break which CC probably spent time reassessing the squad that Boro brushed aside. Rethinking our defensive frailties, rethinking why we weren't controlling games like Boro are. On top of that we signed Pudil, Forestieri & Bannan between those games and Loovens was available again after injury.

After seeing our side get smashed by Boro I would have been worried if within two weeks CC didn't figure out that certain players needed dropping. Not one player was undeservedly dropped. 

We lose, undeservedly, to Burnley but there was still issues to work out. Once again, the three changes made vs Bolton were completely spot on. Palmer was sloppy for two goals vs Burnley, Loovens doesn't look fit & Wallace didn't offer much.

We've brought in so many players, it's going to take time to find the team that clicks on all fronts.

Love your enthusiasm. I certainly couldn't be arsed to write that much at this time er night...... and at least agree with your last sentence (and probably other bits if I could be bothered to think about it) :-)

He had never seen them play so the only way he can find out if they are any good is to play them.

Would you prefer he hadn't made the recent changes so no Pudil Bannon or Foriesteri in the team?

If those 3 remained in the team for the near future yes i would prefer that but we all know tinkerman won't let that happen 

That's a hell of a lot of assumptions you're making.

Guest Darkus Owlus

No you don't. You want to be able to come on here and spout more rubbish!

Yeah because I'm not a Wednesday fan well done.

I'm just deluded to think one good game out of 7 and 18th in the league clearly. Sorry for having some expectation after multi million pound investment and seeing a mere glimmer of good football, with extortionate prices.

Complete rubbish really.

Guess you must have negged me a time or two then ? I wouldn't know cos, let's face it, it means feck all...

lol

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I rarely look (but I do just occasionally lol)..

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Guest Manwithastick

Not for last 2 and half games. Forestieri is playing as a striker alongside Nuhiu.

From how I've seen it it's been Forestieri playing behind Nuhiu.

Definitely a front 2. Forestieri has probably spent more time on the last man than Nuhiu.

442 in the second half against Boro, then 442 in the last 2 games. If you want to be really picky, more like a 4132

Question: were you at Bolton on Tuesday? We certainly did NOT play 4-4-2 and Forrestieri definitely played behind Nuhiu.

Question: were you at Bolton on Tuesday? We certainly did NOT play 4-4-2 and Forrestieri definitely played behind Nuhiu.

No I wasn't but thanks to my Wednesday player subscription, I've seen the full game. 100%, definitely 2 Wednesday strikers on the pitch. Forestieri spent plenty of time beyond Nuhiu. Same as the Burnley game.

Guest Manwithastick

No I wasn't but thanks to my Wednesday player subscription, I've seen the full game. 100%, definitely 2 Wednesday strikers on the pitch. Forestieri spent plenty of time beyond Nuhiu. Same as the Burnley game.

Do you fancy a free eye exam? Of course he 'spends time beyond him' - it'd be strange if they all stood still (wouldn't have changed Matias' performance).

We did not set up as a front 2.