new new new advisor

Your statement comparing hitler with our chairman was full of silly overreaction.

There you go! Happy now?

I didn't compare Hitler with our Chairman, I was expressing how people who like to have total control can be good initially in pulling things together but then eventually lose it. Hence The Churchill bit, he pulled the country together and pretty much held it together with his own determination (from a leadership point of view) but after the war he soon got outed.

There, I've tried to explain myself and some of my comments, I still don't get yours about jobs though but never mind eh, thinking clearly isn't your strong point...

its a tricky situation. Chansiri is an accomplished business man who knows how to run huge multi million pound companies. He probably feels quite secure in his ability to run a football club too. What may be happening is he underestimates how different a football club is to a normal business. The time-scales, the media pressure, the fan pressure. Its quite a different animal to a normal corporation and it may be he needs to adjust his thinking as he gets to grips with running a football club for the first time

This ^^^^^^

Guest Deleted member

This ^^^^^^

^^^^^ Not really

Given that hes not 'running it'

And he has people like Paul Aldridge, Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Jonathan Hill running it

^^^^^ Not really

And he has people like Paul Aldridge, Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Jonathan Hill running it

It's strange, I've read most of your recent posts on here and have found myself agreeing with most of them but there are still questions...

PA what is he still doing excactly, I've not seen his name linked to anything lately, it feels more like he could be on garden leave ?

Re the others, aren't they just advisors ?

From what was posted in the exec box thread wasn't it Thai business guys that were involved with the running of the club when DC wasn't here ?

It does feel like there isn't anyone at Hillsborough that can take a final decision, just Mr T.

^^^^^ Not really

While he might not be doing the day to day stuff I very much doubt Chansiri is not running things. It will be his vision for the club. He knows how much he is willing to spend and while he will listen to his advisors it doesn't mean he isn't going his own way.

I would imagine that PA is still doing the CEO job that he has been doing whilst he has been at the club... he has stayed on to oversee the transition from MM to DC. It may be that DC brings his own CEO in at some point but for the time being PA is there...and we know he's not going to let any agent/ club / player pull our pants down in negotiations

I would imagine that PA is still doing the CEO job that he has been doing whilst he has been at the club... he has stayed on to oversee the transition from MM to DC. It may be that DC brings his own CEO in at some point but for the time being PA is there...and we know he's not going to let any agent/ club / player pull our pants down in negotiations

Not trying to be challenging but just as those concerned are told they don't know things as facts, how do you know PA is there and still fully committed to his job to be a fact ?

Note, I've just re read your post and you started off with "I would imagine" so you don't know it as fact then...

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Guest Deleted member

This morning I met the Chairman of a large (huge) holdings company for a coffee. Hes worth around £170m

He (by his own admission) doesnt 'run' any of his companies. He has a series of conference calls (no more than 10 minutes long) between 8am and 9am with the senior people in each organisation - then lets them get on with their jobs. 

And then attends a monthly Board meeting.

Thats it. Like he says "whats the point putting staff into those roles if they arent empowered"

I would imagine DC if hes anything about him - does it in a similar way.  And maybe has a final say in stuff once a day.

Not trying to be challenging but just as those concerned are told they don't know things as facts, how do you know PA is there and still fully committed to his job to be a fact ?

Do you seriously think that DC would have PA on the payroll if he wasnt contributing?

This morning I met the Chairman of a large (huge) holdings company for a coffee. Hes worth around £170m

He (by his own admission) doesnt 'run' any of his companies. He has a series of conference calls (no more than 10 minutes long) between 8am and 9am with the senior people in each organisation - then lets them get on with their jobs.

Thats it. Like he says "whats the point putting staff into those roles if they arent empowered"

I would imagine DC if hes anything about him - does it in a similar way. And maybe has a final say in stuff once a day.

Excactly and I bet each one of the people reporting into him have a budget of their own with full P&L responsibility, "whatever it takes" isn't a budget, I'd bet the ground works had / have a budget and so too the TV but it sounds like those doing the player recruitment haven't hence all the speculation / reports about too many people being involved..

Guest Distraught!

Do you seriously think that DC would have PA on the payroll if he wasnt contributing?

I am not saying that you are wrong but there are very distinct differences between western and east asian business practices. East Asian business leaders often have less trust in subordinates and it makes the business decision making chain far more complex. Western business culture is to entrust, Asian business culture is one figurehead making a majority of the decisions.

Guest totemowl

I would imagine DC if hes anything about him - does it in a similar way. And maybe has a final say in stuff once a day.

And the board - the advisors / directors and company execs - everyone on the outside looking in knows exactly who they are, what they do and how they contribute to the company. Right?

Yes, many companies keep senior management on board for a while but they remove them from any of the important decisions and remove them from strategy and new idea thinking, that way they don't have up to date info when they leave..

Guest totemowl

I am not saying that you are wrong but there are very distinct differences between western and east asian business practices. East Asian business leaders often have less trust in subordinates and it makes the business decision making chain far more complex. Western business culture is to entrust, Asian business culture is one figurehead making a majority of the decisions.

Hmm, no quite. Western business culture usually puts the emphasis on an individual to make decisions, whereas asian business culture puts the emphasis on a group. Sorts of emphasises the importance of the advisors doesn't it.

Guest totemowl

Yes, many companies keep senior management on board for a while but they remove them from any of the important decisions and remove them from strategy and new idea thinking, that way they don't have up to date info when they leave..

Not if they can add value, they don't.

Guest Distraught!

Hmm, no quite. Western business culture usually puts the emphasis on an individual to make decisions, whereas asian business culture puts the emphasis on a group. Sorts of emphasises the importance of the advisors doesn't it.

Asian business people are very often reluctant to trust others. It makes business decision making very inefficient but they will not have it any other way. Expats that are employed by East Asian companies usually find it very frustrating. Meetings are usually held but the final decision is almost invariably the company chief.

Not if they can add value, they don't.

If they're going they do, PA is on record as going, the time limit is imaterial as that could just be down to his contract.

If he was seen to be "adding value" do you really think that his departure would have been announced, wouldn't they be trying to keep him on ?

Asian business people are very often reluctant to trust others. It makes business decision making very inefficient but they will not have it any other way. Expats that are employed by East Asian companies usually find it very frustrating. Meetings are usually held but the final decision is almost invariably the company chief.

In my experience you're spot on, they often "take advice" from different sources to help in their decision process until they feel confident to make their own call.

Maybe this could be why DC has been seen to be indecisive, it's just him trying to wheigh things up in his own mind ?

There seems to be a lot of people desperate to show that nobody is running the club...meanwhile we are looking at, and hopefully signing players... #magicjustlikethat lol

I think everyone who supports Wednesday in whatever way they can will agree with you, "hopefully we're signing players" !

Hopefully, good ones too !

lol lol lol