new new new advisor

its a tricky situation. Chansiri is an accomplished business man who knows how to run huge multi million pound companies. He probably feels quite secure in his ability to run a football club too. What may be happening is he underestimates how different a football club is to a normal business. The time-scales, the media pressure, the fan pressure. Its quite a different animal to a normal corporation and it may be he needs to adjust his thinking as he gets to grips with running a football club for the first time

De Zeeuw was invited to train with us, which he accepted

What's that got to do with Roeder being in Amsterdam..,

Did he hold his hand on the plane?

No but it's a good personal touch to speak to him in person especially if you're going through Schipol on the way to the U21 championship

its a tricky situation. Chansiri is an accomplished business man who knows how to run huge multi million pound companies. He probably feels quite secure in his ability to run a football club too. What may be happening is he underestimates how different a football club is to a normal business. The time-scales, the media pressure, the fan pressure. Its quite a different animal to a normal corporation and it may be he needs to adjust his thinking as he gets to grips with running a football club for the first time

He has advisors who have been on the board at Man City so he's not totally in the dark as how to run a football club is he?

DC has paid for the right to do this his way, if that way is organised confusion, what can we do about it anyway?

It's disorganised confusion we have to worry about. lol

Owls talk you dont what is going off so just make it up

then eventually even if the veracity is bollo then who cares

its all entertaining. Oh how the internet is great for spreading

spurious rumors.

Owls talk you dont what is going off so just make it up

then eventually even if the veracity is bollo then who cares

its all entertaining. Oh how the internet is great for spreading

spurious rumors.

To be fair, you used owlstalk to spout that Gray was 100% staying next season and would be given money

So it's a bit ironic that you're knocking the site for the same thing

To be fair, you used owlstalk to spout that Gray was 100% staying next season and would be given money

So it's a bit ironic that you're knocking the site for the same thing

No I said I hope he stays and is given money to spend....that is an opinion not a fact.

Guest Deleted member

be better if he could spend a bit of time here

I disagree

I worked for Orange (yes, yes I know) many years ago when the company was owned by Hutchinson Whampoa. It was a hugely successful company and owned by Li Ka-Shing.

It employed well over 3500 people and its turnover was approaching £1bn a year. 

As far as I'm aware - in the 3 years I was there Li Ka-Shing didn't visit the company. Not once.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for Mr Chansiri to ever visit Sheffield Wednesday if hes comfortable with the people he has employed to run the business for him

I disagree

I worked for Orange (yes, yes I know) many years ago when the company was owned by Hutchinson Whampoa. It was a hugely successful company and owned by Li Ka-Shing.

It employed well over 3500 people and its turnover was approaching £1bn a year. 

As far as I'm aware - in the 3 years I was there Li Ka-Shing didn't visit the company. Not once.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for Mr Chansiri to ever visit Sheffield Wednesday if hes comfortable with the people he has employed to run the business for him

well exactly 

I just think that as you have intimated / theorised that DC likes to delay announcements and be here for press conferences that it'd be better if he could be here more just till he's comfortable to delegate 

Guest Deleted member

While DC readily admits hes not 'a football man' I'm fairly comfortable in assuming that in the 9 months since he originally got interested in Wednesday, to today, he will have sought tons of advice and be well up to speed.

While personally I'm not comfortable with a number of things hes done so far (not least the season ticket pricing and corporate packages doubling or more) - I'm pretty sure he has realised that he cannot single handedly invest to take us up and that our matchday income has lagged behind other clubs for too long. Sadly it means that some will lose out, some of whom have remained loyal for a long long time.

Thats football these days - the nature of the beast. We don't have to like it, we don't even have to accept it. We could find something else to do with our weekends.

The absolute fact is - we have to be competitive in order to compete. It seems DC is taking us (kicking ans screaming in some cases) along that path a little bit faster than some of us would like

Guest Distraught!

While DC readily admits hes not 'a football man' I'm fairly comfortable in assuming that in the 9 months since he originally got interested in Wednesday, to today, he will have sought tons of advice and be well up to speed.

I still don't believe that this was not done before he even approached Mandaric (or any other club for that matter). What kind of businessman would go around investing huge wads of capital in businesses that they know nothing about? I am pretty sure that he had a detailed business plan at hand and that the advisory part of this project started long before he even stepped inside Hillsborough.

Guest Deleted member

I still don't believe that this was not done before he even approached Mandaric (or any other club for that matter). What kind of businessman would go around investing huge wads of capital in businesses that they know nothing about? I am pretty sure that he had a detailed business plan at hand and that the advisory part of this project started long before he even stepped inside Hillsborough.

Yes totally agree - I was including some of the preamble in the 9 months bit - given hes only been here just over 6 months

Guest Distraught!

Yes totally agree - I was including some of the preamble in the 9 months bit - given hes only been here just over 6 months

Obviously I'm only guessing, but my belief would be that Chansiri's been thinking about this for at least a year or two and has spoken to endless people ITK with the football business in the meantime.

Guest Fedor

Obviously I'm only guessing, but my belief would be that Chansiri's been thinking about this for at least a year or two and has spoken to endless people ITK with the football business in the meantime.

DCs been talking to Penguin and Sally?

Guest Distraught!

DCs been talking to Penguin and Sally?

Possibly, but I was thinking more along the lines of the connections that can be made with around 400 million quid available.

Guest totemowl

Thai consortium were associated with us in early 2014, then after Mammadov announced his interest a Thai consortium suddenly bought Reading.

3 months on it was unclear as to who was involved and (from memory) some concern that a significant party was no longer involved.

My bet is Chansiri pulled out of Reading and came back in for us, leaving the rest of the consortium to sort out Reading.