new new new advisor

Is there any basis whatsoever for the negativity re Roeder?

I can understand people not wanting him as manager/head coach, but that's not the job he's doing.

I'm not sure there is any basis old boy, it could be the way he looks or the way he acts, who cares, as with anyone you only get one first impression, and I guess some weren't impressed..

Guest totemowl

Eh ?

TBF Churchill sort of proves my point (though I would / could argue against it) but what's your point about jobs ?

FFS! First you overreact to the bull that's been posted in this thread, then you reckon Churchill proves your point, then you don't understand the reference to Jobs.

This could take some time.., too much time!

FFS! First you overreact to the bull that's been posted in this thread, then you reckon Churchill proves your point, then you don't understand the reference to Jobs.

This could take some time.., too much time!

Clearly you've got nowt better to do and there's fooook all on here (other than the catchphrase thread) so c'mon then, don't bat it back - explain !

Guest totemowl

Clearly you've got nowt better to do and there's fooook all on here (other than the catchphrase thread) so c'mon then, don't bat it back - explain !

Explain? Where do you want me to start - WW2? Or do you want the whole history of the 20th century? :duntmatter:

Seriously I thought your first post was out of order, silly over reaction, without any evidence to support it. And all because of some bull that was being put about.

And your examples were bad. For instance those tyrants you mentioned were succesful enough to be around for far too many years.

But let's not get into history lessons please.

I can't help but think of past experience where a new "boss / CEO / owner" has come in and wanted to be in full control, where only he could "aprove" or "sign off" anything, the total control guy !

That's great and works while things are new and need pulling into line but going forward it never works, people start to work towards keeping the boss happy and telling him / her what he / she wants to hear rather than telling "real life", it doesn't only happen in business but in all sorts of life, look at Hitler, Maggie, Sadam and Gadaffe

Well that escalated quickly.

I was at the club last week in the offices n round the ground with a member of staff. Didn't give too much away but did seem to make out DC is very hard to please n very indecisive. Lots of interal things goin on and he keeps giving knock back n time running out to get things done before season starts.

Seems to think Rome was built in a day.

I think it is possible GR may be pissed off with finding players n been told no all time. Think this guy gonna try do it on cheap

Explain? Where do you want me to start - WW2? Or do you want the whole history of the 20th century? :duntmatter:

Seriously I thought your first post was out of order, silly over reaction, without any evidence to support it. And all because of some bull that was being put about.

And your examples were bad. For instance those tyrants you mentioned were succesful enough to be around for far too many years.

But let's not get into history lessons please.

So, you still can't come back with an answer, you are happy to have a go but you aint showing any substance, put up or shut up ! Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Well that escalated quickly.

Yeah, maybe but I've sampled it a few times, hope I'm wrong but the warning bells are sounding to me.

I can't help but think Mr C won't let anything happen without his aproval / sign off, that on it's own isn't a problem unless he's not available for a large amount of time i.e. regularly out of the country so not around for his own "signiture".

It might also explain the bit about us not being able to finish things or too many people involved..

But who knows, certainly not most of us..

I was at the club last week in the offices n round the ground with a member of staff. Didn't give too much away but did seem to make out DC is very hard to please n very indecisive. Lots of interal things goin on and he keeps giving knock back n time running out to get things done before season starts.

Seems to think Rome was built in a day.

I think it is possible GR may be pissed off with finding players n been told no all time. Think this guy gonna try do it on cheap

Not sure if this is true or not but it does back up my fears..