51 days to go, we're all mushrooms aren't we

Guest rubydubydoo

Guest Theboylangers

Didn't (your mate, and mine) Alan Biggs say that Stuart Gray stormed out of a meeting. Maybe he found out that they'd approached Petrescu behind his back, approached Roder who confirmed it, and then bolted...

...to the cross keys where he then got on the phone to Bully, called Chansiri a fanny, Roeder a jobsworth, said he didn't want the job anyway and downed 16 Jagermeisters. He then rang Stoke City up and said that Kieren Westwood was available and that we would be happy with Kirkland as our number one. The pleasing thing for Stuart is that by the end of the night he couldn't remember why he was angry or why he'd got no shirt on or why he was dancing down penistone road with a retired greyhound on an old rope. Bully picked him up, as he was weeing up against the kop turnstiles, and took him back to his place to recover before he went on holiday with the Rhodeses and the family. Not an ideal pre holiday evening for Bully you might think. He's got in touch with Owlerton to try and find out where the dog came from but no luck as of yet.

That's what happened anyway. Read it on twitter.

This is what I heard. The dog was called Droopys Tango though.

When Adam and Glenn arrived, I think.

Quite a while ago then, during a big period of change and whilst people are being asked to fork out for season tickets.

Even if some think it isnt necessary, fans are a petulant bunch regardless and communicating with them is good practice I think.

Despite all of the hysteria amongst our fans, I'm remaining calm. I can see all of the warning signs, but Im not hitting the panic button just yet. Granted, things arent great, but Im sure things will be moving along in the background. If it gets to mid July and we have no manager and havent signed a few players then it will be very concerning but Im willing to have a bit more patience and give the people in charge chance to sort things out.

This morning, I was wondering whether anyone is in charge of PR at the club because this is one thing they aren't getting right at the minute and does need to improve, so I agree with the OP in that regard. Would just be nice if we knew that things were happening rather then being shrooms.

Guest Distraught!

Despite all of the hysteria amongst our fans, I'm remaining calm. I can see all of the warning signs, but Im not hitting the panic button just yet. Granted, things arent great, but Im sure things will be moving along in the background. If it gets to mid July and we have no manager and havent signed a few players then it will be very concerning but Im willing to have a bit more patience and give the people in charge chance to sort things out.

This morning, I was wondering whether anyone is in charge of PR at the club because this is one thing they aren't getting right at the minute and does need to improve, so I agree with the OP in that regard. Would just be nice if we knew that things were happening rather then being shrooms.

Aye, feck the Armada, you finish your game of bowls.  lol

Guest Theboylangers

Agree with the comments about lack of PR from the club. Maybe this is how it's going to be going forward?

One thing you couldn't fault MM for was communication.  If there was a situation like now he would have done at least one media interview and to a certain extent you had an idea as to what is happening.

At the moment under DC things seem to be different but it his early days in his reign at the club and also with his involvement in the business that is professional football and because of this I think we need to cut him some slack.

Personally I think if and when a press conference takes place to unveil the new head coach, it might be an idea to explain to the fans about the concept of the commitee and where it's expected to take the club.  What are Roeder's duties, what are Senior and Hill responsible for?  I think if this happened then it might allay a lot of the fears particularly on here as to what direction we may be heading?