Marc Cooper - Assistant Manager

Very worrying that we can't even seem to agree terms with these level of non-entities that should be begging for a job at a club with a new owner willing to spend 'whatever is necessary'...

Which is making me wonder if we are not trying to. Could be a false rumour or we have up on cooper and are now looking elsewhere

Guest Deleted member

Swindon managing their finances within their means shocker...

If that doesn't fit with Cooper's vision then he may want out.

He may have over achieved last season by getting them to the playoff final... but in the grand scheme of tings that doesn't add much to their annual revenue. The owner isn't a billionaire so they have to live within their means. Hence selling two players.

If SWFC offer Cooper a better deal he will leave I would speculate. BUT pure speculation on my part. I would imagine Cooper feels he did a great job and deserves more??

I like Swindon, good honest club, once premiership (one season with Hoddle doing the biz), Di Canio did a great job there too. With a few player links to us and have produced some decent home grown talent of premiership quality. It's just a pity they are southeners!!!!

lol

Do you know anyone within their setup?

Guest Deleted member

The only people panicking and trying to make us look incompetent are the drama queens on here.

The club have NEVER published a formal "picture" of the intended structure and haven't confirmed any of the positions apart from the ones we already know on the committee, so ALL the rest is conjecture and speculation and assumption, based on a few lines here and there from journos and a bloody advertising newspaper \ junk mail in Swindon, and a few posts on a Swindon fans forum....

AND because of that little tiny bit of speculation from Journos all hell breaks loose on here... Listen to yourselves, it's ridiculous... there is no evidence whatsoever of the approach being changed to fit anyone in, in any sort of backtracking, any sort of chaos, it's all generated by silly posts in here.

If the club had issued details of their intentions then changed it fair enough, but they never have, they are going about things professionally and quietly in the background and when the structure is complete they will announce it. They will already be talking to agents and players and presumably they will be announced following the new management team announcement.

The dawn of a new era and a new approach and hopefully some long wished for success!!!

For god's sake get a grip.... (lower case g as he doesn't really exist!!).

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!! UTO!!!

Agreed

This. 

I'm moving back home in August, a few months ago I would have said I'm definitely getting a season ticket again. At the moment, no chance. 

same, will just pick and choose games instead now, especially as no new season tickets have been released

Guys, the standard 'pick and choose' threat is to say you'll be going less than you normally do not more than you normally do.

With regards to Gray going elsewhere, depends if he is still on SWFC payroll. A lot of 'sackings' these days are Gardening Leave until their contract runs out or another club buys out the time left on contract.

Megson, Jones, Alan Irvine at WBA - all on Gardening Leave

Edited by rob1601

Guys, the standard 'pick and choose' threat is to say you'll be going less than you normally do not more than you normally do.

true, cant believe im moving back at the same time as Orlando, its fate and a sign that wednesday will do well as the last time i properly lived in Sheffield was the Cardiff play-off year.

wish STs were still on offer, these phases are naff, just set a price upto say the day before the season starts.