Great news for the Nuhiu fans

Guest Deleted member

eh?

Is Conor Wickham or Kenwyne Jones our most prolific then? I don't get the rules of the game you're playing?!!!

That's the point I'm making, posters manipulate what counts and what goes into theirs argument. You are very good at this. You're examples are just being the way of daft as usual as its goals In this season. I do enjoy how you go to great lengths to make some posts look stupid by using silly examples

In one of the two hundred threads about Nuhiu, I was interested to see a couple of players mentioned as superior to him in terms of adding more of a goal threat to the hard work. In his only season with us at this level, Andy Booth appeared 20+2 times, scoring 4 goals and Paul Williams in his last season and a bit (admittedly in the division above) scored 11 in 44+10 games.

In one of the two hundred threads about Nuhiu, I was interested to see a couple of players mentioned as superior to him in terms of adding more of a goal threat to the hard work. In his only season with us at this level, Andy Booth appeared 20+2 times, scoring 4 goals and Paul Williams in his last season and a bit (admittedly in the division above) scored 11 in 44+10 games.

Evening Jon. Still playing to the gallery; desperately wanting to make the gang?

Hawkeye, in the posts just before yours, Grandad asked who is our most prolific striker. There was a small debate about who it is, then you started your post with 'Stevie May'. I assumed you were answering the question. Then your numbers contradicted that. So I wasn't sure what point you were making.

thing with Nuhiu is he has more to his game, slightly withdrawn from the last man, linking up play,

if your little man up top has got 20+ goals, people would see Nuhiu's return of 10 (possibly 11 or 12 by the end - we aint had a peno for a while!) as a decent contribution, the sitters he has missed should have seen him above 15, and that not mentioning the times hes hit the woodwork (derby bolton boro), had goals disallowed (Ipswich), cleared off the line (Huddersfield) 

well worth a place in the squad for next season. Unless were buying cameron jerome or peter Crouch!

Guest Fedor

Evening Jon. Still playing to the gallery; desperately wanting to make the gang?

Why are you talking to yourself?

Welcome back DJM I've missed your inane ramblings and your pompous self righteous posting.

Tommo has tried his best but he is a poor substitute.

Amongst decent fans, the dismay surrounding Nuhiu , is regarding the manager's decision to stick with him, when it clearly isn't and wasn't going to work.

It was clear to see (to many on here) last year that Nuhiu would have a low goal scoring season and would miss a host of sitters.

This has been proved the case. Why couldn't Gray predict what thousands of amateurs did.

Nobber!

Two questions for the haterz:

(1) Why do you keep pluralising chance(s)? :rolleyes:

He generally misses one decent chance per game. That's it. Hence the threads being about "That Miss" rather than "those misses".

And as an aside, all our forwards, perhaps other than Bus so far, have been guilty of missing at least one sitter per game.

So he doesn't actually miss any more than anyone else, it's just that you lot leap on every opportunity to have a dig, and his misses therefore get more "air time" (or whatever the term for that might be on a forum)

(2) How can the frustration you have be that Gray keeps picking him? Eh?

What exactly would you suggest he should do instead? He's not had two players to choose in his place up until possibly Bus-Lavery, which of course he has done, and even then the jury's out as to whether they can do a better job than a pairing with Attey in it. He's tried something else on 10 other occasions, resulting in 1 win (by a single goal against the already relegated Blackpool), a few draws, and the heaviest defeats of the season. We've been awful without Nuhiu in the side, absolutely awful!

There is an argument to say that he needed to go out and sign someone else; but until the January window he didn't have any funds to do that with (I wonder if he regrets spaffing his entire transfer kitty up the wall on May?!). Bus and Keane came in and both have shown signs of being able to play a bit, but both have suffered injuries. So we're back to our main man - Big Dave!

With a bit of funding behind him, Gray will certainly be looking to improve on Nuhiu in the sumer. He'll be worth keeping around the squad; but that's all.

There's really no need for all this hysteria. :ghoulguy:

"HE MUST GO NOW, I HATE HIM, WAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAH." :baby:

Man up FFS! He's doing a job for the time being, and that's all you can ask from the big man.

Plus he's a nice fella, so leave him alone! :tongue:

my sentiments exactly

Only took a minute. If you mean games where he has scored and we have won by 1 goal or drawn then it's 10 points. That would have us in 19th. Take away Westwoods clean sheets for example and we lose 18 points and would have 37 points but level with wigan in the relegation zone as you have to give them a point for a 1-1 draw instead of a win to us at there place. I know the two aren't really related but was just curious how many points clean sheets had earned us.

Thanks for doing that jonesy. I consider that a very valuable 10 points and I am not at all surprised that the Nuhiu haters haven't picked up on this contribution to the debate!!

Westwood's job is to stop goals (and hopefully keep clean sheets), Nuhiu's is to score goals, so yes the two aren't related but it makes much better reading than just others slagging off what has been a very valuable player for us over the season. 

Hawkeye, in the posts just before yours, Grandad asked who is our most prolific striker. There was a small debate about who it is, then you started your post with 'Stevie May'. I assumed you were answering the question. Then your numbers contradicted that. So I wasn't sure what point you were making.

Ah right. I was just highlighting Stevie may for comparison.

Why would anyone answer that doddery old gits questions? lol