We missed semedo badly

Guest Big Guns

We should have started with lee on his last weeks performance but he's another one good game in six or seven we shud probably start semedo all the time tbh that's how poo poo we are

I know Keiran Lee is still slightly un-slateable, but he's not in anything LIKE the kind of form he was last season (Blackburn game excluded).

McGugan and Hutchinson are easily our two best central midfielders at the moment, I really hope we get to see them play together because that will really give us that presence in CM that I don't remember seeing since Prem days and would make us a force to be reckoned with against any team in this league.

With a fully fit squad (loans included), we have:

Premiership quality GK with capable backup

Very solid defence with full backs who can work the lines when they need to

Creative and skilful midfield with the odd goal (McGugan, Lee, Drenthe, Maguire) and protection for the defence (Hutch/Semedo)

Three hard-working strikers (May, Nuhiu, Lavery) who have all showed that they have the quality to score, but just can't do it

I think it's clear what we need to be concentrating on in training.

Edited by till_i_die

in a perfect world semedo is perfect for away days and perfect for home days late on when winning, sadly we don't live in perfect a world, important squad player, but how anyone could say we missed him today?

our strikers should have won us this game.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Personally I think we miss Hutch.  Would always start Semedo if Hutch isn't available though.  But fans are sooooooooooo fickle.  Everyone wanted Lee to start with McGugan.  Everything is easy in hignsight.  Get of Stewy's back!

It's not what he offers going forward. It's what he offers defensively. If we stifle them we gain momentum as a side and gain the ascendancy in the game. Allowing the likes of McGugan drenthe and Maguire more freedom.

looks good on paper, been tried on numerous counts this season, but if our strikers don't score we don't win.

suppose it would have been another 0.0 and a point,