Liam Palmer

Guest Big Guns

scannel made a mug of Helan just as antonio did of palmer,he had the beating of him all afternoon, Helans pace got him out of trouble on numerous occasions, and a wonderful save from Westwood got him out of trouble in the second half.

helan handled scannel well infact he had him in his pocket with his superior pace 

good game by helan 

If people don't think Palmers inability to spot danger and get back quickly isn't a problem then you're looking at it with rose tinted specs.

There's several incidents in near enough every game where he's caught out of position and can be found on halfway slowly jogging back. The only game I can remember it not happening in was Bournemouth when he barely passed halfway.

I've covered it before on here about how it's not all his fault, and the winger should be doing more to help. But while they aren't he needs to be more alert to the fact they aren't and time his movement better.

Teams will come and use it against us. Watford did us enough times down that side, and they aren't the only side. Whether they're scoring or not, you cant get into the habit of letting the opposition carry the ball 25-30yard to get a free cross/shot in.

When he's running back facing his own goal he defends like a midfielder, he jockeys/follows expecting a defender to come in and make the tackle.

I'd rather see him in midfield alongside Semedo and McGugan to be honest...

If people don't think Palmers inability to spot danger and get back quickly isn't a problem then you're looking at it with rose tinted specs.

There's several incidents in near enough every game where he's caught out of position and can be found on halfway slowly jogging back. The only game I can remember it not happening in was Bournemouth when he barely passed halfway.

I've covered it before on here about how it's not all his fault, and the winger should be doing more to help. But while they aren't he needs to be more alert to the fact they aren't and time his movement better.

Teams will come and use it against us. Watford did us enough times down that side, and they aren't the only side. Whether they're scoring or not, you cant get into the habit of letting the opposition carry the ball 25-30yard to get a free cross/shot in.

When he's running back facing his own goal he defends like a midfielder, he jockeys/follows expecting a defender to come in and make the tackle.

I'd rather see him in midfield alongside Semedo and McGugan to be honest...

I think one thing I will say is that Palmer is probably quicker than Buxton, but isn't anywhere close to the stamina and fitness levels that Buxton has/had.

Buxton could sprint up and down that right flank all day no problem. 

Will fitness levels come with more seasons under Palmer's belt? Hopefully.

name="casbahowl" post="5695849" timestamp="1416991746"]

We're not talking about a young academy player just making the step up here.

We're talking about an experienced processional who should be really stepping up to the plate.

Unfortunately championship level appears to be a step too far ........ in any position.

He's just turned 23.a couple months ago.

He does have plenty of experience for someone of that age at this level. Because he earned it. As he did his player of the season award.