SG Press Conference

So let me get this straight? Our midfield on saturday will be batman bez samodo and lee?

Bez can't play centre midfield....

He just moves forward a few steps and then backwards a few steps waving maraccas about, he'd never get out of the centre circle...

Now I think about it, we used to give Darren Potter a game and he was just as bad :ph34r:

Edited by juniper7

As both of our first choice midfielders are made of balsa wood, it will be inevitable that both/one gets injured and is out for longer. I'd get them fully fit before putting them back in and even then it would be one at a time and certainly not both together at the start.

I think Dielna will improve - just needs time to adjust to the Champ and I'd also be tempted to start Drenthe and see what he can do with a bit longer in the side.  Also Hope deserves more, cant be less mobile than Dave and surely he can finish better then the big Austrian. I'd give him second 45 in place of May.

Westwood

Buxton Dielna Loovens Mattock

Semedo

Drenthe Palmer Maghoma

Maguire

May

I'd like to see this lineup have a go, unfortunately Dave has to step aside - hopefully this will encourage the side to keep the ball on the ground as opposed to up in the air!

Edited by Owlsofrustration

As both of our first choice midfielders are made of balsa wood, it will be inevitable that both/one gets injured and is out for longer. I'd get them fully fit before putting them back in and even then it would be one at a time and certainly not both together at the start.

I think Dielna will improve - just needs time to adjust to the Champ and I'd also be tempted to start Drenthe and see what he can do with a bit longer in the side.  Also Hope deserves more, cant be less mobile than Dave and surely he can finish better then the big Austrian. I'd give him second 45 in place of May.

Westwood

Buxton Dielna Loovens Mattock

Semedo

Drenthe Palmer Maghoma

Maguire

May

I'd like to see this lineup have a go, unfortunately Dave has to step aside - hopefully this will encourage the side to keep the ball on the ground as opposed to up in the air!

better than nuhiu so take may off ......hows that work ?

May starts but I'd give him a rest in the second half.   he has played solidly for the last however many games and has given everything with virtually no service.

I'd keep him fresh for when our first choice midfield are ready to play again.

Its not that complex.

Edited by Owlsofrustration