Kept in the dark and fed bullsh *t

And when did the Thai consortium buy Leicester. How long did it take them and how many millions spent. Our fans want it right now. Just won't work that way unless by some miracle we do a Burnley or Blackpool

So what would your idea of ambition be for the up coming season?

Purchasing a football club will be a very complex issue due and that is without the side issue of third party involvement (FL ratification)

Look at it like this. It takes more time to buy a house and get that completed than the time we have had since it was announced.

It's frustrating but our fans heard takeover and automatically thought that's us pushing for the play offs and spending millions.

Look how long it took Leicester to get up, three seasons and heavy heavy investment.

This is the start of a new journey that will take time. We're not even out of nappies yet.

Sounds like the FL haven't been asked to ratify anything yet

Well heres a scenario where they might be...Season ticket sales...

Yeah, they might me creating the whole takeover story to boost season tickets sales - as conspiracy theories go I have certainly heard  more outrageous ones .................... but if that is where your degree of cynicism has taken you, then it might be healthier for you to find something else other then Wednesday into which you can pour your energy and enthusisam

And when did the Thai consortium buy Leicester. How long did it take them and how many millions spent. Our fans want it right now. Just won't work that way unless by some miracle we do a Burnley or Blackpool

Course our fans want it right now...bloody hell mate...whats the other option..bread tomorrow...?

Our fans have stuck with this club over decades of mismanagement, crap managers, abysmal players, suing, name calling, venomous this..cretin that...

Averaging 23'000 in the third tier of the English football league, taking thousands away to supplement clubs that shouldn't even be mentioned in the same bloody breath as Sheffield Wednesday..and still we get..."patience".....fo,ok off..we served our time..We deserve far better

Go and define what you consider ambition for this coming season. But before answering that please remember in this league we have only once not flirted with relegation or got relegated since 2000

signing what I call quality players, signings that make you and I and every other club in our league sit up and take notice of us

Yeah, they might me creating the whole takeover story to boost season tickets sales - as conspiracy theories go I have certainly heard  more outrageous ones .................... but if that is where your degree of cynicism has taken you, then it might be healthier for you to find something else other then Wednesday into which you can pour your energy and enthusisam

Its a Wednesday forum mate..If there was something other I had a penchant for..I'd post on that forum..but seeing as we are talking Sheffield Wednesday..and you seem to think that me outpouring is about Wednesday is affecting me health..Ive been outpouring since 1966...and feel fine..

but thx for your concern...........

Edited by asteener1867

Couldn't agree more our fans have put up with rubbish for the last 15 years. Sorry but that won't make an iota of difference to the new owner

So basically throw millions at it??

just enough to compete at the right end of the table , too much to ask ?

Yep..throw millions at it...should have done that a while ago...

he missed a right chance to push on the last time we got promoted

Its a Wednesday forum mate..If there was something other I had a penchant for..I'd post on that forum..but seeing as we are talking Sheffield Wednesday..and you seem to think that me outpouring is about Wednesday is affecting me health..Ive been outpouring since 1966...and feel fine..

but thx for your concern...........

You're welcome.

Suffering on and off since the 60s is something we share at least.

I guess all I am trying to say in response to your OP is that crying about the current situation isn't going to change it - still it has created an interesting thread for a Sunday afternoon.

What's the score at Donny?

we dont want it right now ...maybe it's just that we're sick and tired of being fed bull year after year .."going for it this season, I'll buy you a new scoreboard ,we're pushing on and looking to be heading for the playoffs"

In the meantime we sign freebies and rely on loans and battle for survival against relegation each and every season

You're welcome.

Suffering on and off since the 60s is something we share at least.

I guess all I am trying to say in response to your OP is that crying about the current situation isn't going to change it - still it has created an interesting thread for a Sunday afternoon.

What's the score at Donny?

0-0 at yhe minute mate..be patient lol

it takes 3 months to buy a house, dont expect the purchase of a 40 mil club to go through any quicker. flippingmugs

ah a scientist!

is that exactly 3 months to buy a house? 

so how long to buy a club? 

all knowing Oracle.

tail (see I can be offensive too)

You just have to remember where are as a playing squad though. We have limped through a two seasons borrowing players just to keep our head above water.

Interesting that the two teams who went straight up last year had settled squads that they had built. We're not even at that stage are we. At the right end of the table is above halfway. That would be a great season, top 6 just to far out of reach for now.

Yes, we don't want to do what Palace did do we, just avoid relegation one season followed by promotion the following season! Heaven forbid!

Lets trundle along, flirting with relegation to keep it mildly interesting, playing for nothing by late March, reach the 2nd or 3rd round of the league cup, get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

I just can't wait for another season of pure, meaningless, abject boredom.