Looking forward to playing Charlton now

We're going to be worth a LOT more than Standard if we can make it to the premier league, any club would be. The standard loans was because Duchatalet didn't trust powell, his mates now in charge and basically said the same thing, the standard players are mostly poo poo. But yes, a lot of people are reserving judgement on our new owner, but the early signs are good, very good.

What a joke, Chris Powell is widely labelled the nicest guy in football, talking out your backside. I suppose it was Powell who was on the pitch and was playing in every position? Characters like Ben Hamer wind opposition supporters up, it's part of football. As for Megson, what an awful manager he was, is it any wonder he's struggled to find a job since Mandaric realised how crap he was, a born loser, Powell will get the QPR job when Harry fails to take them up in the play offs.

Looking forward to your open top bus parade after throwing away a lead btw.

I could list gary Megsons achievements against Powells as manager but I wouldn't want to embarrass you.

But hey he's a nice guy

Guest Sheff Owl

It's funny because there is football fans from many different clubs that post on this forum and no problems (Obviously apart from local rivalry at times) at all except with the Charlton fans, funny that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/charlton-boss-chris-powell-qpr-3223306

I remember your lot were in a spot of relegation bother last season and when you beat us one of your posters said "we're going to finish above charlton", we were 9th. Some of your supporters are very deluded individuals.

Most of us are happy with steady progress and have no real expectation at all. But don't let that ruin the stereotype for you.

I could list gary Megsons achievements against Powells as manager but I wouldn't want to embarrass you.

But hey he's a nice guy

sooo... I have to provide evidence for my opinion but you dont need to?

It's funny because there is football fans from many different clubs that post on this forum and no problems (Obviously apart from local rivalry at times) at all except with the Charlton fans, funny that.

chin up, I'm only winding you guys up

:tango:  :tango:  :tango:  :tango:  :tango:

should've put "IF" in capitals and bold. We won't get there next season but through sensible sustainable growth, particularly through the success of our blossoming academy, we can get there again. The beauty of the championship is every side is one good season away from the premier league and mega bucks.

But were deluded remember lol

brb gonna tug to some SWFC attendance statistics. Corr, nice juicy numbers there aren't they? Trainspotter like me loves me some juicy numbers  :duntmatter:

Edited by kentaddick

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/charlton-boss-chris-powell-qpr-3223306

I remember your lot were in a spot of relegation bother last season and when you beat us one of your posters said "we're going to finish above charlton", we were 9th. Some of your supporters are very deluded individuals.

But we are going to finish above you , or did the poster specify which year ? :)

Youve gone from 9th to a relegation battle to the wire in a season and weve gone from a relegation battle to the wire to safe with three games left in the same time . Youll survive so I guess unless you change your style to anything whatsoever well have to suffer your time wasting , injury feigning and general gamesmanship twice again next season .

But we are going to finish above you , or did the poster specify which year ? :)

Youve gone from 9th to a relegation battle to the wire in a season and weve gone from a relegation battle to the wire to safe with three games left in the same time . Youll survive so I guess unless you change your style to anything whatsoever well have to suffer your time wasting , injury feigning and general gamesmanship twice again next season .

not really anything to do with the playing style, Powell didn't have any money for anything, new contracts or new players in the summer, so we had to release a lot of our squad that had done so well. He had to make do with league one players and youth players this season, it's a miracle we're not already relegated.

yeah the way to mount a promotion challenge is to sell your best players  :laugh:

stephens was leaving in the summer anyway, but selling Yann was a flipping poo move i'll give you that. But, only time will tell, we've got a lot of room to manouvre in the transfer market this summer and our academy players are doing brilliantly.

Look forward to an easy 6 points and coming on here looking at you rub one about statistics and how good you were when your dad was your age next season. It's unfortunate as some sheff weds supporters i've talked to are really embarressed by the MASSIVE attitude you have on owlstalk. 

Edited by kentaddick

not really anything to do with the playing style, Powell didn't have any money for anything, new contracts or new players in the summer, so we had to release a lot of our squad that had done so well. He had to make do with league one players and youth players this season, it's a miracle we're not already relegated.

stephens was leaving in the summer anyway, but selling Yann was a flipping poo move i'll give you that. But, only time will tell, we've got a lot of room to manouvre in the transfer market this summer and our academy players are doing brilliantly.

Look forward to an easy 6 points and coming on here looking at you rub one about statistics and how good you were when your dad was your age next season. It's unfortunate as some sheff weds supporters i've talked to are really embarressed by the MASSIVE attitude you have on owlstalk. 

Yann Kermagant wanted to leave, Powell wanted him to stay, Charlton couldn't compete with the wages B'mouth could offer that's a fact mush. 

Yann Kermagant wanted to leave, Powell wanted him to stay, Charlton couldn't compete with the wages B'mouth could offer that's a fact mush. 

Yann wanted to stay, he wanted the club to show him that we "cared" by offering him more money, which Duchatelet didn't want to do for a 32 year old. 

Ps, has Semedo told you he loves you and wants to stay for life yet?

Summer will be reyt fun when we have to be scared because our best players could get picked off easily to rivals like Bournemouth and Brighton or Standard Liege... Oh, we don't actually have to worry. That's for teams like Charlton. Although, nobody will probably want the players they have now. Struggling Championship players. 

Summer will be reyt fun when we have to be scared because our best players could get picked off easily to rivals like Bournemouth and Brighton or Standard Liege... Oh, we don't actually have to worry. That's for teams like Charlton. Although, nobody will probably want the players they have now. Struggling Championship players. 

lol, bournemouth are owned by a billionaire and brighton are a big club, bigger than wednesday i'd say, don't think either of us would be able to compete. As for Liege... I don't think anyone in their right mind would leave english football to be thrashed a few times in the champions league. 

sooo... I have to provide evidence for my opinion but you dont need to?

brb gonna tug to some SWFC attendance statistics. Corr, nice juicy numbers there aren't they? Trainspotter like me loves me some juicy numbers :duntmatter:

Other people have already evidenced it to be fair, but for ease of reference, promotions to the premier league, premier league survival with two clubs and a semi final in the Europa league isn't a bad cv for a terrible manager who is a natural loser.

We do have good support, were quite proud of it as most would be if they had it. But hardly anyone expects the club to do well,we do however have a lot of potential. There's no delusion about that, nor is it deluded to hope/think that we will win an FA cup tie or league game. It would help if the team turned up for more than 20 mins when we play you though.

lol, bournemouth are owned by a billionaire and brighton are a big club, bigger than wednesday i'd say, don't think either of us would be able to compete. As for Liege... I don't think anyone in their right mind would leave english football to be thrashed a few times in the champions league.

You would say, for the reaction

Other people have already evidenced it to be fair, but for ease of reference, promotions to the premier league, premier league survival with two clubs and a semi final in the Europa league isn't a bad cv for a terrible manager who is a natural loser.

We do have good support, were quite proud of it as most would be if they had it. But hardly anyone expects the club to do well,we do however have a lot of potential. There's no delusion about that, nor is it deluded to hope/think that we will win an FA cup tie or league game. It would help if the team turned up for more than 20 mins when we play you though.

shame half those things were 10 years ago.

Don't think he'll get a job for a while, he's in the Alan Pardew and Bryan Robson league of football management so won't get a job til he sucks off the right millionaire.

You've just lost what little credit you had with that post

Jesus wept lol

Don't think he'll get a job for a while, he's in the Alan Pardew and Bryan Robson league of football management so won't get a job til he sucks off the right millionaire.

the massive thing, you still don't get it do you, you simpleton

Doesn't matter, it's still a cv that plenty of others will struggle to match. He was pretty innovative at WBA using wing backs and not a great deal of long ball football.

Bolton wasn't ten years ago. I daresay he will struggle given the treatment he got at Bolton (what happened to them after he left). But under Powell Charlton displayed plenty of negative and time wasting tactics, had it been Megson you'd have blamed him and not the players.

Edited by Bluesteel