Looking forward to playing Charlton now

Let's face it - we did a Reading today. No contingency plan, and 2 injuries (including Antonio) saw us turn a great chance of a win into a demoralising defeat. We were cocky, and we got mullered. Well done to Char..... (Sticks in the throat, doesn't it?). .. Well done to Charlton - 1 bus load of fans, and bags of grit.

Antonio wasn't injured it was a "tactical" switch, the rest I 'd go along with.

He won't take over so it's irrelevant.

Sacked for almost relegating Charlton, to then go to a team who have PL ambitions with players costing millions. Somehow I don't think so.

if it weren't for powell we'd be long gone a long time ago. Been playing in the championship for 2 seasons with a league one squad and youth players, done an incredible job, as the generally outcry from english football when he was sacked proved. He's proven with money he can break records. He signed a new contract with us, got it back unsigned by the owner saying "you're sacked", simply because they had a disagreement about the summer transfers, it had nothing to do with football.

wow, such an insightful response, I guess you proved your arguement there. Then again, some one with liam gallagher as their avatar mustn't have that many brain cells to rub together. Ah well, nice trolling though.

You never gave me a response as to why Megson is an awful manager. You have no clue why, you just got all red faced and had to send out some abuse. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

20th April - number of Charlton fans on owlstalk - 0

21st April - number of Charlton fans on Owlstalk - 25

Good to see their entire fan base feels that strongly about us they sign up to have a dig.

20th April - number of Charlton fans on owlstalk - 0

21st April - number of Charlton fans on Owlstalk - 25

Good to see their entire fan base feels that strongly about us they sign up to have a dig.

Really tinpot isn't it. I never heard a peep from any of them last season either. They were comfortable in 9th, we beat them twice. It was very hush hush. Now they've all become obsessed with us.  :ghoulguy:

You never gave me a response as to why Megson is an awful manager. You have no clue why, you just got all red faced and had to send out some abuse. 

he won promotion 14 years ago and he's done nothing since. Everywhere he's gone he's played boring, horrible hoofball. No one's touched him with a barge pole since you got rid of him. Not surprising since former players have said he was a horrid man to work with.

he won promotion 14 years ago and he's done nothing since. Everywhere he's gone he's played boring, horrible hoofball. No one's touched him with a barge pole since you got rid of him. Not surprising since former players have said he was a horrid man to work with.

ai cause you lot play such good football. Your football and tactics under Powell were dire.

ai cause you lot play such good football. Your football and tactics under Powell were dire.

i think each time we played you it was more of a physical battle for us, megson sent you out to biff people, we had to give as much as we got from you. Powell will have a far, far more successful career than Megson, well, he already has.

Guest trusty_left_peg

i think each time we played you it was more of a physical battle for us, megson sent you out to biff people, we had to give as much as we got from you. Powell will have a far, far more successful career than Megson, well, he already has.

Has Powell won two promotions as a manager to the Premier League?

Didn't think so bud.

:laugh: 

hahahaha

jesus wept.

lol  Shows how much these southern fairies know about football. Unbelievable. 

the man who gets sack in league one is a more successful manager than the one getting sacked in the championship #wednesdaylogic

Yep, cos all of his previous exploits at other clubs are discounted including two promotions to the prem and a european campaign

#dumbdicklogic