The one-off Wednesday kit that never was...

my thoughts are maybe a tad harsh.

But i find it really frustrating that you put so much endeavor, time, effort into this whole thing, (im sure it would have been great) BUT, didnt bother to find out copyright rules at the very beginning of your journey. the rule was already there.

so the FA didnt have a problem with anything else about the whole thing, merely the image on the shirt?

seems tragic that all your work/ effort was doomed from the very start, due to lack of homework on your part.

Lesson learned for future i suppose, and to be fair, ive made some monumental foook-ups of my own in my time.

mind, i try & forget about them. 

Didn't we have a specially designed shirt when Lee Strafford was chairman?

You can change colours and minor details, but the 'base' of the kit is pretty much from template. Clubs get to choose from between half-a-dozen to a dozen bases, then add the colours and design to that.

The first Puma kits when we returned to them were more bespoke than usual, but still from a base unit. Just imagine you get a blank white shirt and add the colours/design onto it.

The things you can change are within the colours/design rather than the base stuff, like when we added the pinstripes to the promotion shirt, or when we added the owl as a watermark in the grey/silver away shirt... Or adding the Children's Hospital logo to the reverse, etc. But all those were done on base templates.

You can see even the bespoke Sheridan shirt above is from a base template with the two stripes added on the shoulder (which was one of Puma's base designs of the the time).

my thoughts are maybe a tad harsh.

But i find it really frustrating that you put so much endeavor, time, effort into this whole thing, (im sure it would have been great) BUT, didnt bother to find out copyright rules at the very beginning of your journey. the rule was already there.

so the FA didnt have a problem with anything else about the whole thing, merely the image on the shirt?

seems tragic that all your work/ effort was doomed from the very start, due to lack of homework on your part.

Lesson learned for future i suppose, and to be fair, ive made some monumental foook-ups of my own in my time.

mind, i try & forget about them. 

Aye, its a fair point.

We had indications it would be OK early on, but unfortunately it was the very last hurdle we fell on, due to strict interpretations of the rules that we were told shouldn't have been a problem.

Oh, well. It wasn't something that took masses and masses of time as such, it was worked on in between normal day-to-day stuff and in spare time.

It would have been awesome with white sleeves - can anyone mock it up?

We mocked one up early in the process like that but wanted something truly unique and one-off (we couldn't find record of a plain blue Wednesday shirt historically) and from memory I think it might have been a problem in production to have different sleeves for some reason anyway.