Jones in or out?

In

Why?

1.He clearly knows what he is doing, his past record and performance last year show that.

2. This is a tough league, anyone can beat anyone on their day.

3. It's not even December yet, far too early to worry about the league table, it's not like we are marooned at the bottom

4. We've not been terrible this season, I thought we were unlucky at Forest

5.what other proven manager are free? And anyone that is deluded enough to think we need a pep guardiola (don't care if spelling is wrong), tippy tappy football or what ever they play in Spain is not the answer. DJ knows this league.

6.Because he has never let us down before!

7.Some people have got delusions of grandeur, we were never going up this year, this was all about consolidating what we have

8.He has not made a good team bad, he has made a good team better but we are playing against better opposition.

I do concede that he needs to get better performances out of some of the players, Bothroyd has flashes of brilliance but there needs to be more. However playing when fans are constantly on the back of players must be horrendous. A negative atmosphere leads to a negative performance.

Rather than simply saying jones should go, justify why he should go. I bet half of you are just jumping on the band wagon without giving it much thought, if any thought. We are not a top of the league team and this season will be a struggle but I don't think we have been so terrible that the manager deserves sacking.

Wednesday can't?

"8.He has not made a good team bad, he has made a good team better but we are playing against better opposition."

I'm so happy we have a better team that can't win in a league where anybody can beat anybody

Wednesday can't?

"8.He has not made a good team bad, he has made a good team better but we are playing against better opposition."

I'm so happy we have a better team that can't win in a league where anybody can beat anybody

Anybody can beat anybody, on their day. Bristol city have been rubbish too this season but they beat middlesborough. We can do it and things will turn around. You will also find, if you look at the league table we have won games, therefore we can win. I agree that we havnt won enough though

Edited by mikeh395

In

Why?

1.He clearly knows what he is doing, his past record and performance last year show that.

3. It's not even December yet, far too early to worry about the league table, it's not like we are marooned at the bottom

4. We've not been terrible this season, I thought we were unlucky at Forest

5.what other proven manager are free? And anyone that is deluded enough to think we need a pep guardiola (don't care if spelling is wrong), tippy tappy football or what ever they play in Spain is not the answer. DJ knows this league.

6.Because he has never let us down before!

7.Some people have got delusions of grandeur, we were never going up this year, this was all about consolidating what we have

8.He has not made a good team bad, he has made a good team better but we are playing against better opposition.

I do concede that he needs to get better performances out of some of the players, Bothroyd has flashes of brilliance but there needs to be more. However playing when fans are constantly on the back of players must be horrendous. A negative atmosphere leads to a negative performance.

Rather than simply saying jones should go, justify why he should go. I bet half of you are just jumping on the band wagon without giving it much thought, if any thought. We are not a top of the league team and this season will be a struggle but I don't think we have been so terrible that the manager deserves sacking.

• Yet we've only beaten teams in the bottom half of the table and only 1 one away (against bottom of the league) ... hardly anyone can beat anyone !

• December is the busiest schedule of the english footballing calendar, giving him until after that period may be too late for us.

• We've not been terrible this season ?! Whilst you did go to the Forrest game, I'm guessing you didn't go to the games against Brighton, Blackpool & Liecester !? Because we were beyond terrible in those.

• Quite a pathetic excuse to keep him in as manager.

• I don't think many Owls fans were under any impression this season was going to be difficult, certainly not thinking about promotion (maybe a cheeky top 10 / 12 finish). To say this is consolidation is like saying QPR were progressing under Mark Hughes.

• This is where I personally disagree with you & others massively - he HAS made a half decent Championship team / squad go bad !

• Bothroyd shows flashes of brilliance !? I'm guessing you're already on your 5th bottle of vodkat, cause that is absolute boIIocks

• My reasons for him going ?! Signing many players yet results and performances continuously decreasing as the weeks go past. 12 defeats in 16 (with 2 draws & 2 defeats) & 2 clean sheets all season, not (consistently) starting either our top scorer this season in COG or our top scorer last season in Madine is just insane.

Wednesday can't?

and this is the B/S that sadly his supporters have been coming out with for some time now...

that's because there's only B/S left to say about him, as the TRUE FACTS are damming...

go back over the last 2 months on here and you'll find them...

the guys RECORD this season (NOT LAST) speaks for itself...

Ok I will have a look. I wasn't being confrontational, your post was the next one that said 'out' and I wanted someone to quantify why they though that

I agree that his record this season is not great, but personally I don't think that means he is a bad manager

Ok I will have a look. I wasn't being confrontational, your post was the next one that said 'out' and I wanted someone to quantify why they though that

I agree that his record this season is not great, but personally I don't think that means he is a bad manager

"Not great" ?.... objection, understatement m'lud.

...."but personally I don't think that means he is a bad manager". He needs to re-establish himself elsewhere though for the good us and himself.

So how long do we wait for things to turn around?

I like your confidence btw

I would give him another 3 and then look again. I agree that time is running out though, and players consistently not giving 100% has to be blamed on the manager and that is a criticism I do have of him. Haha got to be confident :-)

• Yet we've only beaten teams in the bottom half of the table and only 1 one away (against bottom of the league) ... hardly anyone can beat anyone !

• December is the busiest schedule of the english footballing calendar, giving him until after that period may be too late for us.

• We've not been terrible this season ?! Whilst you did go to the Forrest game, I'm guessing you didn't go to the games against Brighton, Blackpool & Liecester !? Because we were beyond terrible in those.

• Quite a pathetic excuse to keep him in as manager.

• I don't think many Owls fans were under any impression this season was going to be difficult, certainly not thinking about promotion (maybe a cheeky top 10 / 12 finish). To say this is consolidation is like saying QPR were progressing under Mark Hughes.

• This is where I personally disagree with you & others massively - he HAS made a half decent Championship team / squad go bad !

• Bothroyd shows flashes of brilliance !? I'm guessing you're already on your 5th bottle of vodkat, cause that is absolute boIIocks

• My reasons for him going ?! Signing many players yet results and performances continuously decreasing as the weeks go past. 12 defeats in 16 (with 2 draws & 2 defeats) & 2 clean sheets all season, not (consistently) starting either our top scorer this season in COG or our top scorer last season in Madine is just insane.

I agree that of we are bad over Xmas, it is too late. And I don't think he has much longer, a bad performance tomorrow and my opinion will probably change

I don't think that our record disproves the anyone can beat any one statement, lets see how we do against Cardiff. But I think generally, the champ more than others sees the top teams getting beat by teams in lower positions

I think your last point hits it on the head, it is time to go when performance and effort levels are consistently bad. One of my gripes against DJ is that he needs to get a rocket up bothroyd or drop him. Now that might seem to contradict what I said before about bothroyd, but I have seen once or twice, when he gets the ball he is capable of beating a few players, he looks calm and can pick a pass etc, but he doesn't do it enough. That's what I meant by flashes. But it's not enough.

Yeah I agree Blackpool wasn't great, the atmosphere was bad. I'd just finished nights against Leicester so I was in a world of my own! Probably had distorted view of the game. Thanks for a constructive reply