Words of praise

I would just like to offer a few words of praise for the players on Friday night.

My son was the mascot at Middlesbrough and all the team including backroom staff were fantastic with him.

In the dressing room beforehand they were all too happy to have photos taken with him and sign autographs.

Anthony Gardiner, as captain, was terrific, looking after him on the pitch, joking and chatting to him.

After the game we waited for the team coach to leave,and they all looked genuinely gutted as they came out of the dressing room,

but they still took time to sign more autographs.

Gardiner came over to my son and said he hoped he enjoyed the experience and that he was sorry the team couldn't win for him.

Gary Madine also spoke to him and said he would like him to be mascot again because of the goal he scored.

Before anyone slates me and tells me its the least the players can do, and that they want people who can pass a ball

and not just write there name on a piece of paper, then i agree, but to a 9 year old they are his heroes,and i for one am happy

to give them a bit of praise for that, if not for the football they served up on Friday