Get a striker

Guest theowls 93

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas but we haven't scored a goal from open play for 270 minutes now? This needs addressing, and it lays with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation I'm afraid

Possibly, but I doubt it. We scored a few early on but often at the expense of people not doing their day job as it were. I think its more to do with not having enough quality in the final third. In the league our left back, who has missed half the games, remains our joint top scorer

Guest zico sterland

Shows how much we miss Reda ,if Bothroyds a forward play him there and give Mayor a go on the wing if JJs not doing his stuff.Square pegs in round holes dont fit, simples.If we havent got the quality required to play right wing then loan someone in with a view to buying in january.Bothroyd was brought in for goal power not to playwide right and to take corners.

Edited by zico sterland

Guest Leeswfc3

We are one player away from smashing this league.

Over the last two games since the international break :-

Defensive issues appear to have been resolved.

Midfield issues appeared to have been resolved.

We need missed CoG and Bothroyd tonight and our lack of strength in depth is worrying if Rodders, Pecnik or Maguire are out of favour.

CoG needs someone pacy and clinical with him, with Bothroyd on the right.

Keep dreaming

Guest Bedders

Bothroyd is a top striker but he needs to off the shoulder striker to play next too. Imagine DJ will be looking to get Chopra.

Bothroyd is a top striker but he needs to off the shoulder striker to play next too. Imagine DJ will be looking to get Chopra.

Is there an echo in here?

Just had a thought on the subject of strikers, my 9 year old is the mascot at Middlesbrough in a couple of weeks time,

and although predominately a defender, he was 2nd top scorer for his football team last season.

He will obviously be in his kit at the match and thought DJ might consider him for selection.

He is a good header of the ball and has a sweet left foot, but i worry about his size up against Woodgate, although

pace wouldn't therefore be a problem!, i am also slightly concerned with it being a night match, that he would normally

be in bed by 9 o'clock,and he would be getting tired in the last half hour.

As i said, just a thought, and please don't boo him if things are not going well