One important point we need to remember...

Now this incident has taken place I would suggest that Sheffield Wednesday fans maintain dignity, standards and under no circumstances get involved in any activity that would lead to any spotlight on us.

The worst thing that could happen right now is for our fans to be involved in anything that might lead to fingers being pointed at us as troublecausers etc

Blackburn away for example - keep it classy and safe

Owlstalk Shop

Now this incident has taken place I would suggest that Sheffield Wednesday fans maintain dignity, standards and under no circumstances get involved in any activity that would lead to any spotlight on us.

The worst thing that could happen right now is for our fans to be involved in anything that might lead to fingers being pointed at us as troublecausers etc

But Bri the Owlstalk hooligan says there's thousands of us going on their end lol

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Look we're hardly angels but i've rarely seen mass disorder from our fans in my 20+ years of travelling away, what happened Friday was poor from both sets of fans and yes the Leeds fans were out of order for some things but so were we, lets move on and forget the whole bloody thing.

Blackburn away, will the riot coppers be there to greet us ala 2002?

Look we're hardly angels but i've rarely seen mass disorder from our fans in my 20+ years of travelling away, what happened Friday was poor from both sets of fans and yes the Leeds fans were out of order for some things but so were we, lets move on and forget the whole bloody thing.

Blackburn away, will the riot coppers be there to greet us ala 2002?

I remember that... looked bad

I was in the home end thuogh proper nawty!! (i was 11 at the time)

I will remember if im not TOO DRUNK TO REMEMBER IT

There were missiles coming in on us from the u16s next door all night, A bottle hit me on my shoulder, it bloody hurt, was close to chucking it back but saw steward looking at me, I picked it up and showed it to him, who I politely asked 'what are you going to do about that' his helpful reply was 'arrest you if you don't put it down' - I told him to go forth and multiply!

Edited by shez owl

Guest BirdonaMaguire

There were missiles coming in on us from the u16s next door all night, A bottle hit me on my shoulder, it bloody hurt, was close to chucking it back but saw steward looking at me, I picked it up and showed it to him, who I politely asked 'what are you going to do about that' his helpful reply was 'arrest you if you don't put it down' - I told him to go forth and multiply!

A steward has no powers of arrest and very little powers of any type.

Handball, erm no, it's a joke, people have their views obstructed for no reason.

Stewards Power of Arrest

Any person has a recognised power of arrest where:

(a) a breach of the peace is committed in his presence, (b) the person effecting the arrest reasonably believes that such a breach will be committed in the immediate future by the person arrested, or © a breach of the peace has been committed or the person effecting the arrest reasonably believes that a breach of the peace has occurred and that a further breach is threatened.

A breach of the peace occurs whenever harm is actually done or is likely to be done to a person or, in their presence, to their property, or where a person is in fear of being harmed through an assault, affray, riot, unlawful assembly or other disturbance.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Stewards Power of Arrest

(a) a breach of the peace is committed in his presence, (b) the person effecting the arrest reasonably believes that such a breach will be committed in the immediate future by the person arrested, or © a breach of the peace has been committed or the person effecting the arrest reasonably believes that a breach of the peace has occurred and that a further breach is threatened.

A breach of the peace occurs whenever harm is actually done or is likely to be done to a person or, in their presence, to their property, or where a person is in fear of being harmed through an assault, affray, riot, unlawful assembly or other disturbance.

Lets be right if a steward said he was going to arrest you you'd laugh, I know I would.

Stewards Power of Arrest

a steward has the same powers of arrest as you and me I.E the power of a citizens arrest which in lamens terms means rogerall, if the stewards need someone arrested at a match they (A) radio through to stadium control to inform them of the situation and ask for the cameras to be focused on them and (B) stadium control contacts the police in ground, who in turn send officers to arrest the people in question.

stewards can eject fans out of the ground, but if police are called then they must arrest the persons involved, so if your gonna get ejected just go along with it and go to the pub or you'll end up in a cell overnight and have to make your own way home