Stand up and be counted, lets put our own house in order.

All of us that were present on Friday know full well what a disgusting display it was from a significant proportion of those in the Leppings Lane stands. We are also seeing the inevitable reaction in the way that many are trying to pass the blame to anyone other than those who were in that stand. We also know that reports of a "riot" are wildly exagerated as are the claims about the North Stand sparking off the trouble with the Galatasary chants.

BUT.......the fact remains that there were a minority of mindless idiotic morons who did engage in that utterly tasteless and stupid behaviour. Who did what first will be a matter of heated debate but quite honestly that would be totally irrelevant.

What I would like to ask is that the perpertrators come on here and try to justify their disgusting behaviour, and please don't come up with the limp and idiotic excuse that "it was just banter".

That'll not happen for a number of reasons.

1. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  2. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  3. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  4. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  5. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks

Edited by longreach

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The songs were deplorable, once upon a time I would have and did join in with such songs but i grew up, to use the death of two fans as a stick to beat Leeds with was out of order, i suspect many of the ones singing won't be at Elland Road, for one reason, or another.

The songs were deplorable, once upon a time I would have and did join in with such songs but i grew up, to use the death of two fans as a stick to beat Leeds with was out of order, i suspect many of the ones singing won't be at Elland Road, for one reason, or another.

with age comes wisdom

It's not an aggressive, accusational or untrue chant, its more a piece of advice, I don't see what the fuss is about...

Not my thoughts but those of an educated person I know. He's got a point but it is inflammatory and ill thought out all the same. You wouldn't sing "dont travel to a football ground without a ticket and turn up five minutes before kick off in the hope of getting in" to a Liverpool fan, not least cos it'd be difficult to fit to any known football tune.

That'll not happen for a number of reasons.

1. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  2. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  3. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  4. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks
  5. They're spineless, uneducated, dicks

Agreed, and it's good to hear how "Birdona" changed his ways...it takes gonads to admit you were wrong, fair play to you mate.

Personally, I wear my teams colours with pride and detest being embarrased by such behaviour as witnessed at Walsall for instance....why should the decent majority be tarrred with the same brush as the idiots? Whether we like it or not, we are.

Come on you plonkers, if you had the balls to use those detestable chants, have the balls to try and justify it!

Edited by lesbarbeux

Most people use matchday to vent their spleen after the stresses and strains of everyday life. The problem with such singing or chanting is that is is utterly negative. What do our own players derive from such behavior? Concentrate on singing and chanting about our own club and staff, to maximise the positives.

I posted this in another thread but i think it's pretty valid here..

...here's an idea...instead of allowing a small mindless minority influence decisions about days and times of kick-offs, why don't all those involved, clubs, SKY, the police and supporters representatives, get together and those with vested financial interests accept that more money needs to be spent on policing/stewarding for some games...and also for supporters...us..the majority take more responsibility inside and outside of the ground when it comes to moderating the behaviour of some of our own fans.

We..SWFC have a pretty good reputation for not being 'knobs' but a few minor incidents and the occasional major one will begin to influence those just looking for an opportunity to come to games not for the football but solely for the purpose of causing trouble.

It was during Big Jacks tenure that our fan base began to change to something much more powerful than just being 'threatening' because of the hooliganism...we became a group of fans that had a powerful threatening influence because we all stood together in condemning those who behaved like morons.

Maybe the last few years have created a vacuum, because of our financial and boardroom troubles, where that had started to change but as with off the pitch we now should work harder to make sure even our own small 'minority' of 'thugs' are told in no uncertain terms to go away and are identified and banned by the club.

So, those with the finances, need to 'pay' to make certain fixtures far more secure when it comes to dealing with the hooligan elements from both sides and the majority of our fans now need to become far more vocal in making sure those who seek to take advantage of our rise in stature, in order to satisfy their need for violence behind the guise of being 'Wednesdayites' don't influence the people just waiting for an opportunity to point the fingers at SWFC once again.

Guest PrincessWendy

Ten points to freshfish. Excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly. Long may you post.

BTW: "Got our own business and doing swell!"

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Ten points to freshfish. Excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly. Long may you post.

BTW: "Got our own business and doing swell!"

Bless you

HRH Wendy

Hah!10 points to you too, in recognising "Les Barbabeux" you demonstrate your education. Anti royalist I may be, but I recognise clarss darling!