Rhys McCabe

Sorry if the pope has shook a seven, but according to his twitter accounts he's off for a scan today on his groin. It would be a shame to lose him for a period of time, but after Corry's performance on Friday night McCabe may struggle to get back into the first 11 at the moment anyway. I presume we'll also find out today (or maybe tomorrow at DJ's press conference) in regards to whether or not we've managed to extend Ross Barkley's loan deal.

That would be brilliant news if Barkley is to stay, Corry and McCabe were unlikely to be permanent fixtures this season anyway. For all our wheeling and dealing this summer, midfield is the only area where there has been a noticeable improvement. Those three, plus Bothroyd, are real quality.

The fact we have Paul Corry and Rhys McCabe as permanent signings on big contracts with us just excites me. Two of the best young players I've seen in our squad for a very long time.

Awaits the best youth players since Owen Morrison comments to start.

Looking forward to the Blackburn game now. Keep Rhodes quiet and we can get three points if our midfield plays as well.