Anyone else think we signed too many players

I suppose hindsight is a marvellous thing and DJ would have been slagged if he had kept the same team and we were in this position so in that sense he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But i do think he's bought too many players; maybe would have been better to buy half as many and spend twice as much on each to get better quality in? lol

Edited by Almat

Guest intercity0wl

In my honest opinion I think Dave Jones brought way too many players in, in a short space of time, the results have shown this and I reckon he dismantled last seasons squad/team way too much.

Lose tomorrow and it's going to get embaressing.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest intercity0wl

No wonder your post count is so high...

Thats because most of the threads on here from other posters are a dam sight more interesting and deserve a response, and yours is a topic that has already been done to death. Like i said Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thats because most of the threads on here from other posters are a dam sight more interesting and deserve a response, and yours is a topic that has already been done to death. Like i said Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You seem the kind who think they own the place, get a grip TROLL !!!

Edited by CentreCircle

I think you are right in that we have not got the balance right between future prospects and players who are proven at this level and on top of their game now.

Buying the latter costs aloe of money though.

If we can get these to gel we will have solved an immediate issue using less resources than it would have done to buy a winning team.

I think you are right in that we have not got the balance right between future prospects and players who are proven at this level and on top of their game now.

Buying the latter costs aloe of money though.

If we can get these to gel we will have solved an immediate issue using less resources than it would have done to buy a winning team.

It's like any other line of work, bring 10 new staff in and things will take time to settle, football is no different and possibly harder to get "employees" working together.

There is no guarentee any of these players could play together, hence it being a big gamble what DJ did...

Yes. Seen it before with teams making too many changes so soon.

However it is also an argument for sticking with the current manager because the last thing we need now is still more change.

As far as gelling is concerned I don't think we are too far off.

We played some lovely stuff against Burnley and matched hull.

Bit more time and the talent will show through.

Edited by Beholder

This could also be the case, very good point that is...

Don't wish to blow me own trumpet (having said that the wife isn't overly keen so I may as well) but I said that, in a more subtle way, in post 3. lol

Edited by Almat

Dave Jones brought way too many players in, in a short space of time

I keep hearing people say this of late. It's so easy to say this, about as easy as saying last seasons's team would whip this seasons all over.

No one was that worried at the beginning of the season and it makes me wonder what people will be like at the end.

Stop acting like the season is over. We shouldn't judge it until it is, or at least until our destiny becomes apparent.

What happened to the trust?

Guest Harry the Owl

In my honest opinion I think Dave Jones brought way too many players in, in a short space of time, the results have shown this and I reckon he dismantled last seasons squad/team way too much.

Lose tomorrow and it's going to get embaressing.

Been done to death zzzzzzzzzzzz