Check out the Blue Square league for teams we have played

I was working last night so had to use Sky Sports for the scores. The next league on the screen was the Blue Square and I noticed all the teams that I have seen us play. All the dodgy grounds. It puts into perspective losing away to a Premier League team.

Hereford Roger Wylde

Mansfield Brian Hornsby we were terrible

Lincoln The queues a Dunham Toll

Stockport 5-3 in the league cup

Cambridge FA Cup 1993. Game postponed until a tuesday night. I was halfway there before the game was confirmed as on. The worst drive there and back (on my own) ever.

Also Grimsby and Luton do not recall seeing them away

Think about their fans today whilst we are wailing

I was working last night so had to use Sky Sports for the scores. The next league on the screen was the Blue Square and I noticed all the teams that I have seen us play. All the dodgy grounds. It puts into perspective losing away to a Premier League team.

Hereford Roger Wylde

Mansfield Brian Hornsby we were terrible

Lincoln The queues a Dunham Toll

Stockport 5-3 in the league cup

Cambridge FA Cup 1993. Game postponed until a tuesday night. I was halfway there before the game was confirmed as on. The worst drive there and back (on my own) ever.

Also Grimsby and Luton do not recall seeing them away

Think about their fans today whilst we are wailing

Ha I remember that Cambridge '93 one - we were nearly there when we noticed a handmade sign saying "Football Off!". Should have been called off days before I recall the fields in Cambrigdeshire were a white out with frost.!

Ha I remember that Cambridge '93 one - we were nearly there when we noticed a handmade sign saying "Football Off!". Should have been called off days before I recall the fields in Cambrigdeshire were a white out with frost.!

3rd round 3rd January 1993 (I think). We were on Xmas break so the match was ideal. And we were staying with relatives, another Wednesday fan, near Cambridge.

Allegedly.....Morning of the match referee declared the pitch fit, Cambridge manager agreed. Tricky Trev said no, my team are not playing on this, postpone it.

So following Tuesday I left work to drive down but the pitch inspection was not until 4pm, so you had to be halfway there by then! It was freezing. Most of our fans were behind the goal but I was just on the side. There were 2 rows of plastic chairs, like barbeque chairs. tastefully cordened off with a piece off rope. You could SIT there for £2. The ball was kicked over the stand about half a dozen times.

Driving back also in bad weather was scary.

The things we do........

Edited by Manor Owl

I notice Newport County at the top of the table.

1964 FAC 3rd round. Newport Co 3 Sheff Wed 2. Big shock.

Vic Buckingham got sacked at end of season. Cup result blamed for lack of cash coming in to club. In those days it was the big money-spinner.

I didn't go, but some of my schoolmates did.

Seen us lose 3-0 at Cambridge 1977. Ron Atkinson was their boss.

About same time, saw us lose 3-1 to 10 man Lincoln at Sincil Bank. (Graham Taylor their boss perhaps?)

Yes- other teams have had it worse than us since then.

But they don't play in a city of 500,000. We rightly expect better.