Player ratings

Kirkland 6

Lee 6 - Not as bad as Jones made out, a better backup for Buxton than Mattock.

Taylor 5 - Made a few errors but I think writing him off so soon is a little premature.

Gardner 6.5 - Looked solid, improved our defence a great deal.

Jones 6 - Okay, a better backup for Reda than Beevers.

Antonio 6.5 - Some good runs and crosses, still looks our danger man.

McCabe 6 - Okay (Semedo 6)

Barkley 6 - Okay

Pecnik 5 - IS NOT A WINGER. Gets more involved when he plays off the striker/s.

Bothroyd 4 - Very lightweight and not a target man to keep playing long balls up to. Has offered us nothing in these three games.

Rodri 5 - Few nice passes but he really struggles to impose himself.

Semedo 6 Okay

JJ - 5.5 Ineffective

COG - 6 Didn't get long enough, won us corners etc with his explosive competitive play though.

Edited by Lincowl

Guest foreverSWFC

Kirkland- Couldn't do anyting for the goals, but the fact he is still conceding isn't good. Don't know much about goalkeeping, but perhaps he's not organising his defence well enough? I'd start Bywater next game.

Lee- Played well. Not ready? What was that all about. Dealt with Eagles well and put plenty of effort in making some good challenges. Think he lacks a bit of belief and confidence, could potentially be a very good player.

Taylor- Inconsistent performance. Times in the first half i thought he looked solid and steady, but then at times thought he was awful. His headers seem to always bobble and loop in the air, never gets any force or distance behind them. And what was he doing for their second? Awful defending, Danny Batth would have been no messing and put that into row z.

Gardner- Thought he looked good, calm and collected at the back, never panicked and was confident on the ball. Won the penalty aswell.

Jones- Did ok, nothing spectacular, solid and did his job i suppose. Put our only decent corner in and bombed forward on a couple of occasions which was nice to see.

Antonio- Another good game, first half espeically, their left back couldn't handle him and he had the better of him most times. He has tremendous balance and strength to keep hold of the ball in tight situations.

McCabe- Playing well until he came off injured.

Barkley- Think he's quality, comfortable in possession, makes some fantastic passes, has great balance and turn of direction. At times think he could show off his ability a bit more, however he took the penalty very well.

Pecnik- Did nothing really, didn't pose much of a threat to them, although i think he looked slightly better when he went up front.

Bothroyd- Won a few flicks, that is about it. Didn't put himself about enough and needs to get himself involved more rather than complainign about service. Shouldn't have been boo'd off though, uneacceptable.

Rodri- Some nice touches here and ther, caught in posession on a few occasions. Didn't do enough to be honest, disappointing display from two strikers hwo really should be doing more for the club at the moment.

Guest marco_ward2000

Kirkland 7 some good saves

Lee 7 good debut, solid performance

Taylor 2 poor poor poor

Gardner 5 slightly better than previous games

Jones 2 shocking performance, not up to championship football

Antonio 6 getting back to form but still looks rusty

McCabe 5 ok

Barkley 6 good pen, getting better game by game

Peknic 2 not at the game today and not up to Championship football. Not been impressed with anything he's done thus far.

Poothroyd -10 get shut, useless

Rodri 5 ok-ish let's hope he gets better with time.

All subs 5 no real impact. Get COG on earlier in not from the start.

DJ has made what appears to be some dodgy signings, lets hope they prove their worth otherwise it could be his undoing. Not time to panic yet, but we NEED to stop the rot as soon as! In DJ and MM we trust.

i thought Lee, Gardner & Antonio did alright - although Michail's final ball still isn't as good as it needs to be, but he worked himself into some good situations. Taylor disappointed me, Pecnik couldn't get in the game, Rodri & Bothroyd had zero service, McCabe & Barkley didn't keep the ball as well as i'd hoped. i thought Dan Jones was surprisingly solid and ventured forward a couple of times in the first half.

we made two mistakes not marking for the corner and not clearing properly - as a result, we got our arses slapped once more...