Should Bywater go back in goal?

Right. Regardless of what I have posted, I don't think Bywater is a bad keeper - he is a very capable keeper.

BUT... I would like to know why people think he is "the best organiser of a defence I've ever seen play for us". What are people actually basing this on? Yes, last year we conceded less goals, and Bywater happened to be goalie.

We were also one of the best teams in League 1, spent the majority of games on the front foot (therefore not having to defend as much) and there was always one "Leader" in the back 4 - be that Batth or Rob Jones. A goalie can be a useful tool in helping organise a defence, but he is never the main organiser - this is the job of at least one of the Centre Halves.

It's definitely a difficult one to get your head around, and I don't understand why but it seems like he just doesn't have much to do in games. I don't know what to call it or the full reasons why, but it seems to happen too often to be just a fluke. Fulham came into the game the other night having scored 7 goals in 2 premierships games (2 against Man Utd at Old Trafford) then they play us and only have 1 shot all game. Go figure?

BUT... I would like to know why people think he is "the best organiser of a defence I've ever seen play for us". What are people actually basing this on? Yes, last year we conceded less goals, and Bywater happened to be goalie.

Cast your mind back. Our defence were a heart attack waiting to happen leading up to his loan. Individual performances were okay, but they looked like they'd never met. His impact was immediate.

We've had plenty of better shot-stoppers in my time, but nobody else who could turn four decent but wayward defenders into a fortress wall quite like that.

Guest thewill

Bywayer's kicking has improved MASSIVEly! Really impressed with that part of his game last night. Kirkland is still number 1 though IMO. We have a great sub/backup keeper in bywater though!