Will wednesday be top by mid september?

A mate of mine has a theory about newly promoted teams in the PL, I suspect that to some extent it holds true in this division also.

New teams are a bit of an unknown quantity, we've not been scouted, they don't know how to play us, Birmingjam wouldn't have even heard of Rodri, much less have an idea of his strengths and weaknesses.

It will get harder for us when people have seen us a bit more.

Guest bwp is god

A mate of mine has a theory about newly promoted teams in the PL, I suspect that to some extent it holds true in this division also.

New teams are a bit of an unknown quantity, we've not been scouted, they don't know how to play us, Birmingjam wouldn't have even heard of Rodri, much less have an idea of his strengths and weaknesses.

It will get harder for us when people have seen us a bit more.

Very true

Bugger me, some people getting a bit carried away here!

BWP is right, one game at a time, could we be top by mid-September, possibly. Does it matter, no, it's where we are come the close of the season that counts (surely the piggies 3 games from the end of last season should have finally taught us that lesson). As for Anlaby's predictions, a note of caution, Millwall won away last night, when do we ever win at Palace and Brighton are no mugs at home.

It's going to be a long roller coaster of a season, and although I think we will do well, let's just enjoy the ride.

Edited by Utah Owl

No you won't be.

Word of advice, don't get too overconfident...you were saying similar things at the start of last season, and whilst yes you did get promoted in the end it wasn't quite the march to the title you all expected was it. The Championship is the most open league out of of any of them, and whilst you (and us) have had bloody good starts, there are some very good teams down here ready to knock us down a peg or 2.

1 game at a time.

To be fair mate, that's a right contradiction!

"No you won't be"..... "1 game at a time"..... lol

my prediction

millwall 2-0 win

palace 1-2 win

brighton 0-2 win

probs some of the easiest games we will play and not unrealistic I don't think

Okay - giving it large about our chances of being top...AND points clear at the top is one thing. But now you're predicting clean sheets too?

You're one crazy mother pet shoper! lol

No you won't be.

Word of advice, don't get too overconfident...you were saying similar things at the start of last season, and whilst yes you did get promoted in the end it wasn't quite the march to the title you all expected was it. The Championship is the most open league out of of any of them, and whilst you (and us) have had bloody good starts, there are some very good teams down here ready to knock us down a peg or 2.

1 game at a time.

Agreed.

The OP is being optimistic and I don't agree with being top, points clear and beating Brighton but I definitely find it hard to understand why some of you are totally dismissing it as unreasonable that we'll be around the top 2. Regardless of where you think we'll finish this season (playoffs/mid table/relegation battle) we have to be targetting 3 points at home to teams like Millwall and Palace look like relegation fodder so you'd be hoping to earn at least a point or all 3 there. I do think we'll struggle to Brighton but that's 4/6 points we should be aiming for in the next 3 games which would keep us in or around the top 2. I think that's a very reasonable and realistic aim.

Guest silvergusy

You have made over 300 posts on another teams forum, Ill listen to you when you can stick to your own team.

This doesn't make any sense at all, if he stays on his own forum how will you listen to him? You going on his forum to see if he's there?

What a clown.

Bwp = good lad and more than welcome in my opinion.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Think you all nead to have a lie down lads. If we make top half, it will have been a good season. I can see...

Millwall 1-1 back down to earth

Palace 0-2 never get owt there

Brighton 2-1 win

Just calm down and as the Charlton fan says, take one game at a time.

One game at a time please. If I remember correctly after our first home game last year everyone was waxing lyrical over Bennet and Pruttton.

Guest SunTzu

I have an EW bet on us getting promoted (for fun, you never know!), but realistically a top half finish would be great. It's early days and the championship is a tough and unforgiving mistress. I can see us doing well this season, but definitely need to go in one game at a time.

Millwall will be a tough game, although I do think we'll take maximum points. Palace away however could be our first stumbling block under DJ. Hope I'm wrong of course but years of hollow optimism have left a sort of bitter pedantism behind and we have to be realistic, we are not gonna go all season without losing!

In Milan & DJ we trust however, it hasn't been this good in a long time :milan:lol