Our football style

This is exactly it.

Megson built a side to get out of League One. A side built on size, power and physicality. Dave Jones has come in and added genuine quality to that with a new attacking philosphy, and he's getting the most of player - both new and old - in that system.

5 Live kept remarking how big our side was. Craig Burley was half way to an orgasm over how big Reda was at one point. To be honest, he turned up thinking thats all we were, just a typical big side coming up from a division below. Soon changed his tune though. They were full of praise for our passing, movement and attacking intent, as well as the fact that we can mix it up a bit in a physical game.

We are going to be a real handful in this league and I can see us being a tough team to play against. We've got an almost perfect blend of hard working physical players and skillfull ball players. I think this team can literally set up anyway it wants to. Jones has a complete free run with the squad he's assembled.

Very exciting times.

This

Having so many options (and all on form last night) means it becomes very difficult to play against. You cant just shut down one player or part of the field without paying for it elsewhere. Jones seems to encourage this sort of free flowing play and obviously has an eye for players that suit it.

Glad to hear that McCabe seemed to have a good game he wasn't mentioned much in the march day thread (not that I saw).

As for Antonio if he's not firing on all cylinders it's not an issue at the moment he'll have time to settle. So nice to have real options.

Following the dross served up by previous managers (Brian Laes anyone?) the start of this season has been superb and follwed on the feelgood factor from the end of last season.

How refreshing to be excited BEFORE the game and anticipating the next game. People are asking me why i'm so quiet today after a win..... It's because I lost my bloody voice singing and celebrating.

Hope it's back for Saturday so i can lose it all over again :biggrin:

UTO FTB

We've got it all at the minit ,pacey wingers who can beat players with ease ,finally a midfield playmaker who can pick out a pass and dictate the game ,guile skill and strength up front ,a top top keeper

And I've got to say beevers and Llera look solid...

I bet tha happy we got Mcabe eh

Having so many options (and all on form last night) means it becomes very difficult to play against. You cant just shut down one player or part of the field without paying for it elsewhere. Jones seems to encourage this sort of free flowing play and obviously has an eye for players that suit it.

Glad to hear that McCabe seemed to have a good game he wasn't mentioned much in the march day thread (not that I saw).

As for Antonio if he's not firing on all cylinders it's not an issue at the moment he'll have time to settle. So nice to have real options.

If JJ continues to be the threat he is then teams will have to double up on him. thus leaving more space for antonio. So although he hasnt been spectacular so far in the league, we all know what he is capable of and im pretty sure there will be many full backs who wont relish playing us this season with MASSIVE pace on both flanks.

Love the football we played last night, but I liked how we've kept our willingness to battle and fight for the ball too.

No doubt gary megson instilled this in the players and we've kept it going whilst adding far more flair. Thought we may be a bit soft this season with some of the new signings, but no sign of that going by last night.